GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halogen to HID

Alex.

Ready to race!
Headlamp washers are not available in the US.
Wait 2-3 months for Xenons? I know I should, but its a tough wait.

Alex.

Ready to race!
I know, I am starting to change my mind. I think i will just be patient, and I won't do something that I will regret later.

I know, I am starting to change my mind. I think i will just be patient, and I won't do something that I will regret later.
Good call. That will also give you time to buy a few mods before you even step into your GTI. And when you finally get your GTI and look at the front end you will be :happyanim: and say "Those people on MKVI forum were right.":w00t:

Alex.

Ready to race!
I just got news that my car with xenons should be here in about 2-3 months. It has been released form the order bank. And the saga continues...

Alex.

Ready to race!
Haha, I couldn't wait.

Great car, I love it more and more every time I drive it. I'll have some photos up soon.

When I saw my car at the dealership, and checked out the xenons on another car, I actually did not like design they have going on for the xenons. That doesn't mean I would rather have halogens, but I'm just saying. I actually like the lights on the MkV alot more.

Maybe I am being biased in order to justify my decision, but I think when the car is parked, the halogens look better.

hockeydad2000

A Better Look

Alex I agree with you. Although I will probably get the Xenons, I think the bulb pattern design of the halogens is much more flattering.

nbturbos

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm getting an extra set of those black clips that hold the halogen bulbs in to drill out and retro fit my HID bulbs into them. 6000k I took off my previous car.

(I know about the projector beam pattern vs. non projector and everything, it's honestly not that big of a deal. I adjust them to not blind on coming traffic and good to go)

I'll let you all know how it goes.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
i wanted HID but didn't want to miss the US tax break for 2009, so i took a car available with everything else i wanted; there will be aftermarket HID projectors available soon enough and will be much cheaper than $2000 or even the $700 if it came with the car, so there will be something you can do...

that said, i'm not at all knocking the OEM HID, i woulda ordered 'em if they'da been here in time...