GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CL45 AMG: Driven

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i would want the sedan. but at $50k-55 loaded properly.. naw.

GeorgeHill

Ready to race!
For 50k fully loaded I'll take a BMW 335 any day of the week...

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
For 50k fully loaded I'll take a BMW 335 any day of the week...

The 335xi starts at approx $45,000. And that is before adding any packages or M-Sport bits. It will take much more coin to make the 335xi anywhere near as fun to drive as I suspect this CLA will be.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
I like it a lot. the hatch looks very nice and the sedan as well isn't that far off. the interior looks great as well but have to see it up close.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
This is just came out.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The 335xi starts at approx $45,000. And that is before adding any packages or M-Sport bits. It will take much more coin to make the 335xi anywhere near as fun to drive as I suspect this CLA will be.

The only reason the CLA45 is AWD is because it is a FWD car and 350hp is way too much and will fry the front wheels/tires.

No need for that on the 335, that's just extra weight.

Bandit1

Ready to race!
I just don’t like the styling. I think I’d be more likely to buy the A45 AMG, but the front and rear are a disappointment to me. Also, the nav screen looks like an afterthought, and the center vents look too garish.

I’m really hoping that Audi does something special with the next RS3 (bring the hatchback), since the Audi S3 looks like a Jetta to me – which is not a complement.

SwedGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Well i test drove the A45 AMG today. Only got an 20 minutes drive since the dealership had an AMG performance day and people where lining up to try it. The car it's rapid all right, gearbox kinda sucked i auto mode, manual mode was ok. Car sounds good, loud even without the sport system nice farts on full throttle upshifts :).
Liked the looks on it, didn't like the quality of the interior. The interior was rattling quite a bit. Told the dealer that a car in that price range should not have an interior that sound like it should fall apart. Dealer told me that it was a "pre production car" and blamed it on that.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well i test drove the A45 AMG today. Only got an 20 minutes drive since the dealership had an AMG performance day and people where lining up to try it. The car it's rapid all right, gearbox kinda sucked i auto mode, manual mode was ok. Car sounds good, loud even without the sport system nice farts on full throttle upshifts :).
Liked the looks on it, didn't like the quality of the interior. The interior was rattling quite a bit. Told the dealer that a car in that price range should not have an interior that sound like it should fall apart. Dealer told me that it was a "pre production car" and blamed it on that.

"dealer knows best" :laugh:

Thanks for the update.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

SwedGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I think that reviewer been seriously bought by merc :) I don't doubt the performance and handling but the talk about the interior i don't get. The interior is basically the same as a lesser a model with the AMG package, and if you want the AMG seats and steering wheel to make it stand out and feel special, thats really expensive options. Well i guess opinions are personal and i think for a AMG car it should stand out more from the basic models.