GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Took the racekar for an evening drive yesterday through both Tunaville and the Jaberhood.

Seems a nice easy loop down Tyrell to 72 to 47 back up.

Oh wow, nice. Big Timber and 20 can be pretty fun if there is no traffic.

Anybody bashing banana bread hasn't had Lady Jaber's version.

Mmmm....

Am I the only one that puts butter on their banana bread?

I do it sometimes. It's like putting butter on a muffin. Pretty good, but bad for your health lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I do it sometimes. It's like putting butter on a muffin. Pretty good, but bad for your health lol.

And banana bread by itself ISN'T bad for your health? ;)

Speaking of health.... I need to get healthy. :( Diet time. Gonna try cleaning up the diet again before exercise since it worked last time I took my diet seriously.

Moving out of "dad bod" territory... time to make changes.

Jaber

Modero
And banana bread by itself ISN'T bad for your health? ;)

Speaking of health.... I need to get healthy. :( Diet time. Gonna try cleaning up the diet again before exercise since it worked last time I took my diet seriously.

Moving out of "dad bod" territory... time to make changes.

Touchè about banana bread by itself :lol: Why banana bread only comes once or twice a year. Ever seen how many calories are in the muffins from Costco :O Crazy... cause it's 2 packs which i think are a dozen? or close to it.

Dat diet. I've been pretty lax about what I'm eating ever since moving to new house. But slowly getting back into the rhythm. For the past 2 years, seems I lose weight in the winter and stall during the summer/fall :lol:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Touchè about banana bread by itself :lol: Why banana bread only comes once or twice a year. Ever seen how many calories are in the muffins from Costco :O Crazy... cause it's 2 packs which i think are a dozen? or close to it.

Dat diet. I've been pretty lax about what I'm eating ever since moving to new house. But slowly getting back into the rhythm. For the past 2 years, seems I lose weight in the winter and stall during the summer/fall :lol:

Yeah. I lost some good weight ~2 years ago, and felt way way better overall. Then I changed jobs and jacked it all up... and have since gained it all back. :(

Really need to get back on it. Plus the wife is setting up secret doctor appointments on me. They're going to bitch at me too.

Jaber

Modero
Yeah. I lost some good weight ~2 years ago, and felt way way better overall. Then I changed jobs and jacked it all up... and have since gained it all back. :(

Really need to get back on it. Plus the wife is setting up secret doctor appointments on me. They're going to bitch at me too.

MyFitnessPal really helps me keep track of calories and macros. But you have to dedicate time to input everything (you can save/import recipes and meals).

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Remington > Mossberg, all day long.

Get a semi auto/gas operated 12ga, fin. Tactical - eh, it has more kick than just a regular gun, so imho, esp if wifey may use it, stick with a more standard weapon than the tactical. I've shot Texas 5 star with tactical and I did well, but lawd did it tear up my shoulder and jump around a lot more than a standard.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Took the racekar for an evening drive yesterday through both Tunaville and the Jaberhood.

Seems a nice easy loop down Tyrell to 72 to 47 back up.

I agree, nice little drive there.

Id also recommend the curves of big timber road heading towards 47 right before church on the rock.

Also binnie road (road next to woodmans), nice little crests

would buy
Lol wut, when did he get banned :iono:

its a joke

Jaber

Modero
Added another if statement to my script to grab logs from the server. Spent 10min wondering it wasn't working. Forgot to add the "fi" :facepalm:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Added another if statement to my script to grab logs from the server. Spent 10min wondering it wasn't working. Forgot to add the "fi" :facepalm:

You should hire Craig tbh, hes looking for a job.

He does computer stuff, someone help the guy out.

Jaber

Modero
You should hire Craig tbh, hes looking for a job.

He does computer stuff, someone help the guy out.

Sounds like he is in a completely different field, than what I do. We recently hired Helpdesk and Network admin, if they kick the bucket, I'll let him know :iono:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
MyFitnessPal really helps me keep track of calories and macros. But you have to dedicate time to input everything (you can save/import recipes and meals).

So my primary care doc recommended a trimmed-down version of the South Beach diet.

I bought the audiobook and overall, it makes sense. Nutshell is "everything in moderation", and that it's not the total calorie count, but the KIND of calories.

It doesn't say "NO CARBS" but it does say that carbs more or less turn into sugar.... so go easy on carbs and easy on sugar. Eat all the veggies you want, meat you want, etc. You can eat 7500 calories a day in meat and vegetables. If you limit yourself to 1500 calories a day and part of that 1500 involves eating an entire loaf of bread... you're probably not gonna lose the weight.

Really it was pretty "common sense".

My blood sugar levels went back to "healthy", so did my cholesterol, within 3-4 weeks.

I also got into Isagenix (shake diet stuff) that actually worked well. It was good and convenient.... just do a shake for breakfast (I otherwise never ate breakfast) and either do healthy lunch/dinner, or pig out for one of those + have a 2nd shake for the other meal and I was good.

I agree, nice little drive there.

Id also recommend the curves of big timber road heading towards 47 right before church on the rock.

Also binnie road (road next to woodmans), nice little crests

Yeah I cut down Binnie to go to Woodmans for gas.

Big Timber was better years ago before all the pavement snakes.

I also like taking 20 out towards Hampshire, then cut up north by the Chick'n'Dip and loop back east.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Word , Jamz. I've actually tried intermittent fasting lately and I love it. Will be doing it probably a good 4-5x a week now. Some stuff about it on Rogan with a few people and some vids online has me sold on it.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat17: NYC Hate Continues/LOL@SuburbanPeople/ EJ Travels Back in Time to Sizzler

So my primary care doc recommended a trimmed-down version of the South Beach diet.

I bought the audiobook and overall, it makes sense. Nutshell is "everything in moderation", and that it's not the total calorie count, but the KIND of calories.

It doesn't say "NO CARBS" but it does say that carbs more or less turn into sugar.... so go easy on carbs and easy on sugar. Eat all the veggies you want, meat you want, etc. You can eat 7500 calories a day in meat and vegetables. If you limit yourself to 1500 calories a day and part of that 1500 involves eating an entire loaf of bread... you're probably not gonna lose the weight.

Really it was pretty "common sense".

My blood sugar levels went back to "healthy", so did my cholesterol, within 3-4 weeks.

I also got into Isagenix (shake diet stuff) that actually worked well. It was good and convenient.... just do a shake for breakfast (I otherwise never ate breakfast) and either do healthy lunch/dinner, or pig out for one of those + have a 2nd shake for the other meal and I was good.

Yeah I cut down Binnie to go to Woodmans for gas.

Big Timber was better years ago before all the pavement snakes.

I also like taking 20 out towards Hampshire, then cut up north by the Chick'n'Dip and loop back east.

Yep. It’s all discipline. Eat less shit. You are what you eat. And obviously not all carbs are created equal.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Sounds like he is in a completely different field, than what I do. We recently hired Helpdesk and Network admin, if they kick the bucket, I'll let him know :iono:

O wow. Don't want to hope anyone out of a job, but yeah... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.