GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #43849
ACHILLES R32
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg1needed View Post
That's what I was figuring, it was definitely the stock battery. Come to think of it, it was cranking slowly compared to my past vehicles but as the vehicle is new to me "2weeks" didn't think anything of it. Guess that makes sense as to why I got a code for de-energized performance to early ecm power relay code.
If you have a Costco membership the interstate h6 battery they sell fits perfectly . Has a #29 on the side . It's $120 after tax

Replaced my this past weekend

Sent from my Pixel 2
APR Stage 1 - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - Unibrace UB
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #43850
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CW '10 GTI, 6MT
Did a quick toe adjustment... rear toe is still perfect so my thrust angle should be good. The front toe is now set at 1/16" total toe out, or 1/32 (.07 degrees) toe out per wheel.

I lost my carpenter square and I can't find my digital angle finder so I can't check the camber, but when one of those things shows up if I see that my camber is "close enough" I may not even bother with an expensive rack alignment.

Install complete:

Eibach Pro-Kit springs (paired with Koni Sport struts, as installed previously)
Eibach 26/23 mm ARBs (currently set to soft)
Meyle HD front ARB links
B6 Passat/CC/S3 spindles
ECS subframe collar kit
FAG front wheel bearings
B6 Passat/CC/S3 Lemforder ball joints
Lemforder tie rod ends

Other suspension upgrades previously installed: Audi TT control arm bushings, ECS upper strut mounts, Koni Sport struts

It goes straight down the road and initial impressions on how it handles are positive. The car rides about the same as it did before, maybe even a touch better, but I haven't had it on any bad roads yet.

I took my time installing all of this stuff and it looks like that time paid off. It all went on right the first time; no odd clunks or noises or other problems to speak of, it drives as it should.
Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #43851
Jack Sparrow
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 13' GTI
Bought the Sony XAV-AX5000 head unit. Will install this week and post pictures.
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #43852
fbgmoney
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2014 CW GTI DSG
Will be attempting to change my rear rotors and pads for the first time after 91.5k miles. Wish me luck.
fbgmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #43853
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
good luck

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #43854
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
91000 miles on stock rotors and pads??
riceburner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #43855
Phur
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbgmoney View Post
Will be attempting to change my rear rotors and pads for the first time after 91.5k miles. Wish me luck.

Auto parts stores have the caliper piston tool sets available as a loaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #43856
Short Bus
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CW '10 GTI, 6MT
Quote:
I hope you've got a breaker bar. I couldn't even figure out how to get my compact electric impact in to remove the carrier bolts. Breaker bar made it pretty easy though.
Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #43857
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Nissan JUKE GTR NISMO SPEC V TYPE R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
I hope you've got a breaker bar. I couldn't even figure out how to get my compact electric impact in to remove the carrier bolts. Breaker bar made it pretty easy though.
What he said^

Also get your car up as high as you can on stands to get longer breaker bar in there. Goodluck.

PB blaster perhaps
Old 10-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #43858
fbgmoney
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
91000 miles on stock rotors and pads??
Yup. I guess I don't use the brakes. Do you think it's worth it to buy a torque wrench for installing the carrier bolts? I don't have anything that measures that high. My plan now it to torque all I can torque.

I'm bought that caliper piston retractor set because I like having useless tools I guess.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #43859
davisharr
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdan View Post
Holy balls, how do you guys who have always lived in cold climates get under and work on the car outside when its 40 degrees outside?? Or do you just not, unless its in a garage?? Need to re-attach my front lip, figured out apparently I need to remove the OEM front splash guard....who knew it wasnt just 4 bolts into existing holes. Of which I only put in 3.....
I installed my front lip in -25 deg C (-13f for you non metric guys), laying in the snow on my back. LOL. Biggest struggle was making sure jack stands where on solid ground not a layer of ice. It sucks but you do what you have to do when your a car guy! And you learn some good tricks of the trade, like always wear a toque to keep body heat in, and disposable nitrile rubber gloves over small thin wool gloves makes a warm waterproof shield that still gives you some dexterity!
Old 10-18-2018, 04:11 PM   #43860
franco516
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: gti
Quote:
were on long island are you at?
Old 10-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #43861
Phur
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I got a 1-1/2 breaker bar and was able to get mine loose without even getting under the car. I stayed next to it. I dont have jackstands and have a gravel driveway. I was just using the factory jack, one wheel at a time. No penetrating fluid was needed for the carrier bolts but came in very handy for the rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #43862
fbgmoney
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
were on long island are you at?
I live in Long Beach but am house sitting for my parents this weekend in Northport AKA using their garage. Where abouts are you?

Tags
#assman, #saveboostedvw11, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?