GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will VW know my car is tuned? Turning it in

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
i might not buy another vw tho... i tried to sell my car to carmax and they dont want it cause they saw my catless dp. Everything is gunna be stock when presenting to vw but i feel like i should have eurocode flash it so there are no problems

Don't bother with the flash. Seriously. Just get the smog equipment back on so it will pass.

When I traded my old CC in, I just left the tune on there & put it in stock mode but didn't lock it.

So if the next owner tries switching it....maybe they'll find out/see that they have a tuned car.

Reason for putting it in stock mode though is that the next owner might not put 93 octane in it.....so it's safer to put it on the stock tune.

I'm trading in my '13 CC this week and doing the same thing. Lucky owner will get a free tune, lol

Did the same recently as well.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I think it may depend on what the dealer intends to do with the car. Often times, they will auction off the car. In that case, they may even mention that the car was previously modified. If they want to add it to their "certified" inventory, they may lowball you even more if they find out the ECU has been "tampered" with. Then again, they may not even check or care.

How much is a new/used ECU? Can you find one to put in your car...then sell your tuned ECU?

What is a CC? I searched.

No dealers that I've ever been to have taken the car thru service and had the ECU scanned to see if it's been tuned....VERY VERY unlikely to happen.

Hell, even my MK6 was tuned & had the TD1 code on it but I still got full trade-in value for it and they told me they planned on certifying it as well (but the salesman know it was tuned or had the TD1)

As for a new ECU....it costs a lot of money & then has to be programmed to the car....not really worth it.

A CC?....VW's "stylish" coupe sedan...here's my '13: