GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers

sweetsound20011

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up a 2012 TDI, and looking to improve the suspension in a big way. My old MK6 had the Road & Track shocks with stock springs, and it handled the road pretty amazingly I must say. Very controlled yet smooth.

How much stiffer will this setup be, since the spring rates are higher? Does anyone in LA have these installed so I can get a ride in your car?

sweetsound20011

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump, anyone?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
If you want a great deal, Eibach has a number of their high performance products for sale with huge discounts. I got a set of R1 coilovers for 1000 off list. I see that they still have the Pro - Street coilovers for TDI still available. They normally sell for 1800 but they have them for 926. Direct comparison to Ohlins. Eibach also has a full line of interchangeable springs if you decide you want to change things up.

Eibach stuff goes Pro Street, R1, R2 with the latter being the most track oriented. The Pro Streets are height adjustable, R1 are height and have single control that simultaneously adjusts rebound and compression, R2 has all the above but add external reservoirs and ability to adjust rebound and compression separately.

R1 are like the Ohlins and both sell normally for about 2400 a set. Unless you are going to track your car a fair amount I would stay with Pro-Streets.

No, R1 for discount for your car but they do have a set of R2 which normally sell for 3200 or so and they have them for 1800 but are really for track folks.

LINK to Pro-Street - this is a great buy!

sweetsound20011

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want a great deal, Eibach has a number of their high performance products for sale with huge discounts.

With all due respect, these are not even in the same league as Ohlins. I had their shocks on my old TDI and even with stock springs it was a huge improvement.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
With all due respect, these are not even in the same league as Ohlins. I had their shocks on my old TDI and even with stock springs it was a huge improvement.

Disagree there. The R1 and R2 coilovers are pretty hard to beat. Ohlins are nice as well don't get me wrong. I have R2's on my car and have never regretted it.

sweetsound20011

Passed Driver's Ed
Since this is for a daily driver, I don't think anyone else comes close to ride comfort of a DFV setup, and I've researched this for days.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Since this is for a daily driver, I don't think anyone else comes close to ride comfort of a DFV setup, and I've researched this for days.

There's not many running the R2's on this platform due to the price but I'll say that with the compression and dampening both on soft, it rides like it's on pillows even with metal on metal camber plates. I never have them on that setting as mines mostly a track car, but they are indeed capable of being comfortable.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^

Same as you, I have Ohlins damper+Euro Eibach(same as VWR). For the price and only daily driving, I will go with ZF Sachs coilovers that I had before Ohlins and I will buy ZF over Ohlins coilover(almost $3K) again if I spent $2k.
I can find best price for ZF -https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/coil-over-sachs-performance-841500118451