GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Or???

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Andddd thats what I'm afraid of lol. I would like a tire that can last at least 2 seasons and not 1. I do have snow tires on my car for about 4/5 months out of the year. Your still saying that the re71r will only last 1 summer, right?

yeah they won't last. RS3 or RS4 will definitely get you through 2 seasons if not more. They are very versatile, can track with them just fine as well.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'll be in the market again soon as my nitto NT555's are wearing out pretty quick. I kinda want something with a nicer ride... Feel like these cheaper options aren't balanced very well, the road noise/ride just isn't comfy. I know you reach a trade off with traction and handling quickly though as you move to other options.

I like the price and looks of the re71r though!! might just have to try that.

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah they won't last. RS3 or RS4 will definitely get you through 2 seasons if not more. They are very versatile, can track with them just fine as well.
I heard rs3-rs4 were good, I'm looking for grip, and for multiple seasons. I also have snow tires on from Dec-March/April.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
i'll be in the market again soon as my nitto NT555's are wearing out pretty quick. I kinda want something with a nicer ride... Feel like these cheaper options aren't balanced very well, the road noise/ride just isn't comfy. I know you reach a trade off with traction and handling quickly though as you move to other options.

I like the price and looks of the re71r though!! might just have to try that.

Lots of people love the re71r's. Wish I could afford them :lol:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Wants comfort and performance... Sounds like he needs performance snow tires! Problem solved! :lol:

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
i wanna try these. Just hoping i can get ~20k out of them.
I love my conti extreme dw summers. but the tread life is PRETTY BAD. I have maybe 12-15k miles and im down to 4/32 and looking at getting new tires.

The only downside is the Conti Xtreme DW are like 122 per tire where as the new conti extremecontact sports are like 170 per tire. I know its not that much but 200 bucks plus the extra certificate price is a bit to swallow at the end of the day its almost like 2 more DW tires.
I've had a set of Continental Extreme Contact Sports in 225/45 ZR 17 for 1 season so far-- they have great wet traction especially in the Texas monsoons we get. I got them at Tire Rack for $127 ea IIRC. So far looks like 30k miles is likely no problem.
Ride quality is awesome, way smoother than anything I ever had on 18 inch rims yet dry traction is even better. G-Force run previously got very noisy once below 50% tread.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The BFG's are heavier too, for example in 225/45/17, at 24lbs versus 21lbs for the Conti Sport

Shaving weight = good

rawag77

Ready to race!
I've had a set of Continental Extreme Contact Sports in 225/45 ZR 17 for 1 season so far-- they have great wet traction especially in the Texas monsoons we get. I got them at Tire Rack for $127 ea IIRC. So far looks like 30k miles is likely no problem.
Ride quality is awesome, way smoother than anything I ever had on 18 inch rims yet dry traction is even better. G-Force run previously got very noisy once below 50% tread.

I'm a big fan of PSS but for my wife's car (1.8 A3) i got the ExtremeContact Sports. Saved quite a bit of money and they seem to perform almost as well. She won't let me swap her S3 wheels to my car to really test them out though. :(:(:(

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm on my 2nd set of PSS and I really like them, but I guess the only tire I can compare them against is the shitty stock pzero neros.

Lately it seems like I've been reading a lot of hate towards the PSS, and I've been seeing a lot of people talking about the Indy 500s. My PSS still have about 20k miles on them, but for almost half the price I usually pay for PSS the Indy 500s sound pretty good.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'm on my 2nd set of PSS and I really like them, but I guess the only tire I can compare them against is the shitty stock pzero neros.

Lately it seems like I've been reading a lot of hate towards the PSS, and I've been seeing a lot of people talking about the Indy 500s. My PSS still have about 20k miles on them, but for almost half the price I usually pay for PSS the Indy 500s sound pretty good.

RE71R's have a stupid stiff sidewall and noticed a much harsher (and noisier) ride with them.

I am having great luck with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Great dry/wet grip and after 15k miles still have at least another 10k in them to go. They're quiet and are compliant with bumps. They were also crazy cheap (less than $400 picked up from tirerack after rebate)

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Just got a set of Continental Extreme Contact Sports mounted. It's raining here for the next couple days so I can't comment on dry grip but wet grip is phenomenal, performs better than continental sport all seasons that came off the car when they were fresh. Seem pretty damn stiff. Got a powerflex alk, front control arms front bushings, dog bone bushing and insert coming Friday, so next week should be fun.