GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0w40 on sale

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Advance Autoparts is currently running their oil plus filter special $29.99. I picked up a 5 quart jug of 0w40 and since Mobil 1 doesn't make a filter for our cars they gave me a MANN W719/45 OEM filter for the GTI 2.0T
The manger had to do an override since the Mobil 1 filter that pops up in the system is a unicorn and they don't have it. He then supplemented the MANN filter.

Read the attached links last page. Thanks to the fumoto valve, changing my oil takes zero effort and there is not even a drop spilled.

The sale ends 9/26/12

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/content_motor-oil___

Last edited:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
As an AAP employee I approve this message. I usually pick up the castrol 5 40 when it goes on sale with a MANN filter as well.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
is the sale on any synthetic oil? also for the first oil change which ill do at 5k, should i do 0w40 or 5w like the book says?

sgessler2011

Ready to race!

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks I am due for a oil change.

Storch

Go Kart Champion

bequietanddrive

Ready to race!
Thanks for the tip! Just picked up 5 qt's and a Mann filter for 30 bucks, great deal!

The guy was hesitant at first to let me sub in the Mann filter, but let me do it, which was cool of him!

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
As an AAP employee I approve this message. I usually pick up the castrol 5 40 when it goes on sale with a MANN filter as well.

i missed the castrol one that was just on sale 2 weeks ago. i went to aap about a week ago and asked them when it goes on sale again, they had no idea. they just told me it cycles. is their any way i can talk to a manager to override the castrol now since i was out of state when they had it on sale? any ideas?