GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

X2 Lithium Power Sport Battery

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Last Saturday my battery died so I went to Batteries Plus to get the Duracell version of the Deka ETX 16L. The guy there showed me the lithium version of the EXTL 16L made by X2. I had never heard of X2, apparently owned by Batteries Plus, but I was blown away by how light it was. How light you ask?

14642521_10154204025952830_8518446982313477192_n.jpg

14702321_10154204025977830_1567575812441832763_n.jpg

nearly a 40lb difference

I bought some post adapters:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XH69MY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I used TXBDAN's mount idea to install this little sexy bitch:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37547

14721697_10154204026062830_7128854523697118323_n.jpg

14705625_10154204026022830_8204004156008634387_n.jpg

14606530_10154204026117830_6567620117583868467_n.jpg

14702286_10154204026142830_7952253152749259786_n.jpg

Now I looked all over the internet for a link to the battery and I could not find it to save my life.

MSRP: $230.00 (I got it for $200.00 bc the dude took $30 off)

The Review: As you can tell by now I suck at reviews, and the winter will really tell how well this battery will hold up. But as of right now this thing fucking rocks. Car starts right up, and I have set in my car, for about 10 minutes, with the radio and dash camera still on, and it started right up afterwards. Idk if there is magic in the battery box or what, but I am thoroughly impressed.

Just in case I bought this thing on Amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017LIE842/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

mamock116

Ready to race!
Good deal, I look forward to your winter impressions with the battery. I have a Odyssey PC680MJT and this will be my first winter with it so I will post impressions in the spring.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Nice find :clap: That thing is super light too! Keep us updated, long term. I've always been curious how or if our cars can manage charging lithium car batteries. Maybe the circutry is built in the battery itself? :iono: Maybe battery types doesn't matter?

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Nice find :clap: That thing is super light too! Keep us updated, long term. I've always been curious how or if our cars can manage charging lithium car batteries. Maybe the circutry is built in the battery itself? :iono: Maybe battery types doesn't matter?

I'll be honest, I did zero research on lithium batteries before I purchased. The battery was so light I just said screw it I'll take a chance. Although I believe Hyde has a lithium battery and he's doing ok still. The dude at the store just told me to bring it back within a year if it's not working out for me and I can switch it out for a lead battery. I will keep you guys updated as it gets colder.

zrickety

The Fixer
40 lbs difference is awesome, I'm in for updates.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I'll be honest, I did zero research on lithium batteries before I purchased. The battery was so light I just said screw it I'll take a chance. Although I believe Hyde has a lithium battery and he's doing ok still. The dude at the store just told me to bring it back within a year if it's not working out for me and I can switch it out for a lead battery. I will keep you guys updated as it gets colder.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, my battery is still going strong but I can't wait to see what this does for you in another 6 months. I know that my battery really could go at any time as it is working on 5 years old now and other owners have had losses in as few as 3 years. My guess is that a full discharge on this also wouldn't be as detrimental as it is in a lead battery, which IMO is a huge selling point for people who don't daily their cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion

Mine is still running strong, it completely died and was jumpstarted several times during my engine build(s). 6.6lbs is crazy.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Stopped in at batteries plus today, considering picking one of these up and the guy tells me if I want a lithium battery I'll have to have it custom made, So looks like I'll continue shopping around ...

Last edited:

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I pm'd you mike, but just to tell everyone, I'm going to go to the batteries plus this week and figure out what the deal is with the apparent exclusivity of this battery.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Exchanged some PMs with OP and visited my local batteries + again and still can't get my hands on this so going with a lithium battery from Amazon. I couldn't find anything local and just really want to go lithium even though I probably need the 40 lbs for traction :p

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
These batteries seem to be specific to the individual Batteries + store, as they are franchised stores. I really couldn't envision that I would have just happened to walk in to a Batteries + that had lithium batteries that would not be offered at other stores.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
These batteries seem to be specific to the individual Batteries + store, as they are franchised stores. I really couldn't envision that I would have just happened to walk in to a Batteries + that had lithium batteries that would not be offered at other stores.

Seems crazy I know!

wolfkabal

Been using lithium-ion on my motorcycles (street and off road) for years now. Love them. Always considered a swap for the cars, just never bit. Might have to try this, simply because I can (deep discount).

Winter performance on the bikes has been stellar, especially the standby time (time between starts).