GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Ozone Reduction Catalyst Temperature Sensor///// Radiator Identification Senso

ahard48

Ready to race!
Yea I saw the FCP Euro. I looked into that and my understanding is that you'd have to take your radiator off send it to them, buy a new one and then if they found it was a defect, then they'd reimburse you. Seemed like a lot of rigmarole when I could get an OEM one from local supplier and have them warrant it.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
If anyone has any luck getting this sensor coded out it would be great to hear about. I'm going to be going Cobb/Stratified soon and it would be fantastic if Stratified could take care of it for me so I don't have to spend $300 and replace the radiator before emissions....

I've been asking around locally and idk if it's possible. Great idea, would be nice since idgaf about that sensor being in FL.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I posted in BurnalltheMK6's group on FB and someone posted that APR tuners "tuned out" the sensor...can anyone at all confirm if that's possible?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I know for sure it's possible with United Motorsports & Eurodyne. Try emailing Alex about the radiator sensor--I believe he can but give them a call.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I know for sure it's possible with United Motorsports & Eurodyne. Try emailing Alex about the radiator sensor--I believe he can but give them a call.

Will do. Thanks for the info. Idk if they'll want to help, I don't want to get rid of the APR tune so if they offer straight coding, I can do that.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Will do. Thanks for the info. Idk if they'll want to help, I don't want to get rid of the APR tune so if they offer straight coding, I can do that.

In for a confirmation from APR with a go or no go. I assume we’re screwed and have to change out the whole damn thing.

ahard48

Ready to race!
APR wont, I feel like others have asked before. I just had to change my radiator to pass inspection.

GuiltySpark

Passed Driver's Ed
'12 GTI 6spd base
~68k Miles
SPM downpipe and high-flow cat
APR Stage 2 tune

Got this CEL 2 days ago and found this thread. I tried cleared my codes and it came back a day later. I was prepping for just replacing the radiator myself but after thinking about it, i called my local dealer, gave the woman the VIN and she seemed to know what i was talking about regarding the ozone sensor in the radiator. I mentioned PZEV warranty and she said that after looking up the VIN, I AM covered and to make an appointment.

I have no idea how mod friendly this dealer is so here's to hoping.

Anyone have any experience with North Penn VW in Colmar, PA?

EDIT

I just found this post so that gives me hope! https://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2183096&postcount=21

GuiltySpark

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, the harmless sensor CEL turned into a overheating issue. I'm currently waiting on AAA in a parking lot.

I need to know if this sensor issue can in any way cause an overheating issue? The dealer can't get me in till the 23rd and I can't be without a car for that long. I can do the radiator but I can't do the water pump so I'm worried if that went too.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Well, the harmless sensor CEL turned into a overheating issue. I'm currently waiting on AAA in a parking lot.

I need to know if this sensor issue can in any way cause an overheating issue? The dealer can't get me in till the 23rd and I can't be without a car for that long. I can do the radiator but I can't do the water pump so I'm worried if that went too.

I had the code on for a little more than a year and never had an overheating issue. That I would bet is for the water pump. When my pump was on its way out I was overheating when it leaked enough.

krookymonster

Ready to race!
So I ended up replacing my radiator with an aftermarket unit and in the process broke this sensor. After doing hours of research I learned that some Mercedes vehicles came with the same sensor between 2008-2014. The Mercedes ozone sensor part number is 221905560 and I bought it here (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/362311095083) for $60 shipped. I ended up chopping the connector off of my old sensor and soldering it to the new one.

I installed the new sensor in my GTI everything has been working great for the past two days. No codes and the car passes readiness.

Figured I’d post this since I haven’t seen a solution to this issue yet.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
So I ended up replacing my radiator with an aftermarket unit and in the process broke this sensor. After doing hours of research I learned that some Mercedes vehicles came with the same sensor between 2008-2014. The Mercedes ozone sensor part number is 221905560 and I bought it here (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/362311095083) for $60 shipped. I ended up chopping the connector off of my old sensor and soldering it to the new one.

I installed the new sensor in my GTI everything has been working great for the past two days. No codes and the car passes readiness.

Figured I’d post this since I haven’t seen a solution to this issue yet.

Cheers!

Good update! I had also been looking into going this route but dropped it because I had other projects going on.

Also FWIW Stratified told me they believe they can code out the sensor (U102F, specifically) without any negative repercussions. I'll know for sure when they send me my tune.

krookymonster

Ready to race!
Good update! I had also been looking into going this route but dropped it because I had other projects going on.

Also FWIW Stratified told me they believe they can code out the sensor (U102F, specifically) without any negative repercussions. I'll know for sure when they send me my tune.

I was looking into a tune as well but wanted to try this first. Let me know how the tune works out!