GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #421
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
$650.00 for 26 hp
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #422
GroceriesVR6
Autocross Champion

Drives: One bagged, One static
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdagators View Post
$650.00 for 26 hp
Obvious troll and an idiot. What an extraordinary combination. You might want to look at what else is included or maybe reading just isn't your strong suit
Unitronic Stage 2|Unitronic Intake|Unitronic Intercooler|Unitronic DV Relocate|Unitronic Stage 2 DSG|Double Apex Carbon Paddle Extensions|GFB DV+|APR catch can kit|034 Billet Aluminum Mounts| APR Billet Dogbone Mount|R8 Coilpacks|Unitronic Turboback|Air Lift Performance|Unibrace XBJ| Unibrace UB|KMD Upper & Lower Rear Braces|Passat Subframe Swap|WALK|Front & Rear Brembo BBK|Fluidampr|IE Forged Rods|Supertech Valve Springs|VMR V810s
GroceriesVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #423
FriggenT
Banned

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
$650.00 for 26 hp
How much is apr after paying for stage 1, 2, k04, valet mode, launch control, boost monitoring ability (among all other parameters that can be toggled through at the touch of a button? Free updates to databases? Ability to pro, dyno, etune? Oh sorry, apr doesn't have all that lol my mistake
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #424
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
That is exactly what I said from the start. This will be like Eurodyne, but without an asshole on the other end of the phone. Chris Tapp is by far the WORST human being I have EVER spoken with on the phone. Speaking to people in fucking china about your credit card bill is less painful than a 30 second conversation with Chris before he basically calls you retarded and hangs up.

With that being said, I do like what I'm able to do with Eurodyne. But, if this option existed a year ago I would 2000% have went the Cobb route.
Nope, Chris sucks for sure...probably needs a proper ass kicking...but that's beside the point of being able to have all of the tuning ability. I don't care. Andy takes care of all that for me, I just flash his files and happily drive my car
Old 03-18-2016, 12:31 PM   #425
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceriesVR6 View Post
Obvious troll and an idiot. What an extraordinary combination. You might want to look at what else is included or maybe reading just isn't your strong suit
Simply pointing out the low hp gain numbers
Old 03-18-2016, 12:53 PM   #426
flipflp
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '16 Golf R DSG
Quote:
Simply pointing out the low hp gain numbers
There is so much more to life than peak number gains. It's too bad people only focus on that.
flipflp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #427
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflp View Post
There is so much more to life than peak number gains. It's too bad people only focus on that.
I love peak numbers....I get a tickle in my pickle for them
Old 03-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #428
GTI2.0
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 6SM
Quote:

Not sure if troll.

I want to see more dynos on Mkvi before I rush out an buy something. Proof is in the numbers for VWs. I'm talking about on many cars not just one.

Too new for me. Looks neat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTI2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:32 PM   #429
FriggenT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI2.0 View Post
Not sure if troll.

I want to see more dynos on Mkvi before I rush out an buy something. Proof is in the numbers for VWs. I'm talking about on many cars not just one.

Too new for me. Looks neat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To new? Do you know how long cobb has had the AP? Lol, just because they are adding a vw to their line up has nothing to do with their ability to tune a car....yes, even our almighty GTIs
Old 03-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #430
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

I understand its a neat tool with lots of cool features. I would like a little more hp gain though.
I'm not a troll nor an idiot. You will also not see me call somebody out for having an opinion even if I don't agree with it.
Anyhow back on topic, I watched the video from Cobb and it appears a breeze to use and a def plus it needs no computer with internet connection

GroceriesVR6 have a great weekend sir...!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #431
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
How much is apr after paying for stage 1, 2, k04, valet mode, launch control, boost monitoring ability (among all other parameters that can be toggled through at the touch of a button? Free updates to databases? Ability to pro, dyno, etune? Oh sorry, apr doesn't have all that lol my mistake
Or, you can spend $650 on APRs single tune without all the fancy features (including labor) and get much more power. For the vast majority of customers who don't care about logging or tune switching this is a better option.

Even better, spend $550 for Revo's tune.

Cobb has it's place. But let's not pretend you, *****2.0t and caulkin are in the majority.

On a related note, it's funny to hear all these comments about Eurodyne coming out of the cracks. Having not hung out in the BT thread this is the first time heard of it.

Sincerely, XGC75
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #432
andysamland
Ready to race!

Drives: mk5 gti
I do want to clarify, I don't have any doubt that COBB itself will make available everything that is needed. I am more worried about their current Pro tuners and E-tuner network. I'm sure that They would hate me to enter their network with prior knowledge of MED logic and tuning experience on the platform and offer essentially free (by donation of no set amount) tuning to anyone who wanted to. I'm sure they wouldn't like that a whole lot. I'm more than willing to do it to, o wait i already do that for eurodyne..... I'm here for advancement of the community and strongly believe that we have great platforms here but we lack fueling here guys. Literally.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #433
GroceriesVR6
Autocross Champion

Drives: One bagged, One static
Can any of you guys claiming low gains show me a real life customer dyno of any major tuning company's (APR, Revo, etc) Stage 1, 1+, and 2 tunes...AT THE WHEELS? The numbers from Cobb are at the wheels.

Keep in mind you're getting stages 1, 1+, & 2 PLUS all the features the AP brings for $650.
Unitronic Stage 2|Unitronic Intake|Unitronic Intercooler|Unitronic DV Relocate|Unitronic Stage 2 DSG|Double Apex Carbon Paddle Extensions|GFB DV+|APR catch can kit|034 Billet Aluminum Mounts| APR Billet Dogbone Mount|R8 Coilpacks|Unitronic Turboback|Air Lift Performance|Unibrace XBJ| Unibrace UB|KMD Upper & Lower Rear Braces|Passat Subframe Swap|WALK|Front & Rear Brembo BBK|Fluidampr|IE Forged Rods|Supertech Valve Springs|VMR V810s

Last edited by GroceriesVR6; 03-18-2016 at 04:23 PM.
GroceriesVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:15 PM   #434
toxicfusion
Banned

Drives: 2013 GLI Autobahn
Quote:
Can any of you guys claiming low gains show me a real life customer dyno of an major tuning company's (APR, Revo, etc) Stage 1, 1+, and 2 tunes...AT THE WHEELS? The numbers from Cobb are at the wheels.

Keep in mind you're getting stages 1, 1+, & 2 PLUS all the features the AP brings for $650.

QFTW.. seriously, what he said and i mentioned this few pages back.

COBB's numbers are AT THE WHEELS!. Other tune's have their dyno graphs on virtual dyno or at the crank.

If you look at users dyno result pages; of folks running said tunes and supporting mods; will be right close to what COBB is throwing down.
toxicfusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cobb, tuning, will it fit my honda?