GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Carbon Steel Grey GTI/Golf Thread

Nelly

Ready to race!
Unfortunately I got the bare minimum for insurance so can't go that route.

When you say polish out.. I'll need some paint pen then polish?

very much not cool. you doing an insurance claim? some of those should polish out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herrerafavian2

He means like have someone with a high speed buffer polish down the scratches. Depending where you're at I'd be more than happy to do it free of charge as I run my own detail business. Some of it might be a bit deep but it shouldn't be a huge problem. Chris Fix on YouTube surprisingly had good video last year on fixing deep scratches like the ones on your car.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
He means like have someone with a high speed buffer polish down the scratches. Depending where you're at I'd be more than happy to do it free of charge as I run my own detail business. Some of it might be a bit deep but it shouldn't be a huge problem. Chris Fix on YouTube surprisingly had good video last year on fixing deep scratches like the ones on your car.

I was going to refer to this video as it shows a way to gauge the damage. Soapy water in a spray bottle, if the white in the scratch goes away it's able to be polished out.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i meant to post this in the random/stupid questions thread - don't post when you're trying to go to sleep, kids.

Thanks for the response!

anthmash

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got my rpf1s put on and i'm So happy with how it turned out !

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

FlavMK6

Passed Driver's Ed

Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anthmash

Passed Driver's Ed
what wheel specs are you running, im drooling over this pic lol and are you bagged?
Haha yes im bagged lol wheels are 17x9 et45 and for tires im running hankook rs4 225/45. These wheels are stupid light like 15 pounds each lol also they are a 5x114.3 bolt pattern but i ordered a set of wobble bolts from ecs to fit them

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
Haha yes im bagged lol wheels are 17x9 et45 and for tires im running hankook rs4 225/45. These wheels are stupid light like 15 pounds each lol also they are a 5x114.3 bolt pattern but i ordered a set of wobble bolts from ecs to fit them

mine came with some old OZ Racing wheels that look horrible and i have this thing with rpf1's lol how much space in the fenders do you have when your aired up? any rubbing issues on hard turns or anything?

anthmash

Passed Driver's Ed
mine came with some old OZ Racing wheels that look horrible and i have this thing with rpf1's lol how much space in the fenders do you have when your aired up? any rubbing issues on hard turns or anything?
Nope, no rubbing at all. I usually ride around at 24" FTG which i found to be pretty safe and usable. My fenders are rolled and pulled a fair amount too from before and at ride hight the wheels sit very flush, no poke at all really. Im on a 225/45 tire and ive got a decent amount of room left for a bigger tire

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
Nope, no rubbing at all. I usually ride around at 24" FTG which i found to be pretty safe and usable. My fenders are rolled and pulled a fair amount too from before and at ride hight the wheels sit very flush, no poke at all really. Im on a 225/45 tire and ive got a decent amount of room left for a bigger tire

thanks bro, this is gonna help a lot to find the right setup

anthmash

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks bro, this is gonna help a lot to find the right setup
No woreies man ! Ill tell you for sure that this fits woth zero issues. Even though its 9" wide all around (which for the front on these cars is pretty wide) it has mpre than enough clearance, probably because of the lower offset of 45. Youll for sure have to massage the fronts but no need for the rears. I had my rears already pulled from my previous wheels but i wish i mever touched it. For comparsion sake if this helps for camber im running -1.1° front (just natural camber from lowering) and -2.0° in the rear. Hope this helps ! Haha

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
No woreies man ! Ill tell you for sure that this fits woth zero issues. Even though its 9" wide all around (which for the front on these cars is pretty wide) it has mpre than enough clearance, probably because of the lower offset of 45. Youll for sure have to massage the fronts but no need for the rears. I had my rears already pulled from my previous wheels but i wish i mever touched it. For comparsion sake if this helps for camber im running -1.1° front (just natural camber from lowering) and -2.0° in the rear. Hope this helps ! Haha

you used a fender puller for the front??