GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions on exterior wrap for my CW GTI.

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. I'm planning on doing some wrapping for my car. I'm either using shiny black or shiny carbon fiber (almost looks black). I'm wrapping my side mirrors for sure but I want some feedback on whether I should also wrap my roof or wrap my back spoiler. I've seen pictures of CW's with a black roof and black side mirrors, I liked them, but I haven't seen any with black or wrapped back spoiler. In my head I picture the black spoiler looking good especially since it will be a good contrast with the white body in the middle and the black diffuser on the bottom. Opinions?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I'd go with the gloss black instead of the CF, but make sure you run the roof vinyl back to include the small portion on the hatch(before the spoiler). Doing the mirror caps will complete the look IMO. :cool:

I personally wouldn't do the spoiler.

Post pics when done.
:thumbsup:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Are you talking about wrapping your entire car or just your mirrors & roof? I've always been a fan of CW with gloss black mirrors and roof. I'd stay away from the carbon vinyl...it can look okay depending on the product and application but at the end of the day, it's trying to be something it's not. Gloss black is much more tasteful IMO.

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd go with the gloss black instead of the CF, but make sure you run the roof vinyl back to include the small portion on the hatch(before the spoiler). Doing the mirror caps will complete the look IMO. :cool:

I personally wouldn't do the spoiler.

Post pics when done.
:thumbsup:
Yes, the mirror caps are happening first! Really love the look it gives the car especially white ones. As far as the roof goes, if that's what I decide to do I will definitely finish the wrap all the way till before the spoiler. Saw a GTI today that had the roof wrapped and left the part before the spoiler stock.. Kills the look. I'll post pictures! Thanks

ryanreef

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you talking about wrapping your entire car or just your mirrors & roof? I've always been a fan of CW with gloss black mirrors and roof. I'd stay away from the carbon vinyl...it can look okay depending on the product and application but at the end of the day, it's trying to be something it's not. Gloss black is much more tasteful IMO.
I'm talking about wrapping just the mirrors and roof. I love the look of white cars with a black roof but for some reason on the mk6 model I'm not fully sure. The carbon fiber that I have is the best quality you can get, looks really nice but I'm not sure how it will look on the GTI. I kind of want to try something new since I haven't seen any pictures of my car with the dark shiny CF. You don't like the idea about the spoiler? I feel it will look good with the dark cherry red LED tails I'm getting..

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I'm talking about wrapping just the mirrors and roof. I love the look of white cars with a black roof but for some reason on the mk6 model I'm not fully sure. The carbon fiber that I have is the best quality you can get, looks really nice but I'm not sure how it will look on the GTI. I kind of want to try something new since I haven't seen any pictures of my car with the dark shiny CF. You don't like the idea about the spoiler? I feel it will look good with the dark cherry red LED tails I'm getting..

Personally I wouldn't even do the roof. I would just do the mirror caps and emblems

finallyamused

Ready to race!
I've painted my mirror caps gloss black, and will soon be doing the roof in gloss black. Doing the spoiler would not look that great, would kind of throw off the look. Do the roof in the gloss black, i guarantee you will love it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
gloss black on CW FTMFW.