GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland Headlights

nighthawk19900

I recently bought a set of vland headlights and my drl's dont work at all. The rest of the headlights work except the drl's. If anyone else is having this issue or has fixed it please let me know

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
There's been a bunch of threads like this, but most never seen to have a resolution.

Did you get the adapter from them? If you didn't, you need that.

torga

Autocross Champion
Don't you have to recode something in VCDS to get working LED DRLs? I thought I recall reading something about that.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Don't you have to recode something in VCDS to get working LED DRLs? I thought I recall reading something about that.

Hard for me to say lol

I've got the vland headlights and didn't need any coding. They worked out of the box, but I had eds lights before vlands and I definitely messed with the coding trying to get my warning light to turn off with those, always unsuccessfully.

Now I'm using a different adapter to get my golf R drls working and it moves the pins around so my UU lights dont work, but my lows/highs/blinkers still work.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!

Yes, i do believe you have to code them to get the DRL working. its been mentioned a few times in the past when ed's/depo headlight was out confirmed it had to be coded.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
i had the same issue, DRL didnt work at all, even when turning on low beams. I even tried to code it but didnt work either. I dont know about this adapter tho. I got a complete refund from the guy i got them from on ebay and now just drive around with no day lights and just the low beam at night.

If anyone can share a link or something for that adapter that would be awesome.

torga

Autocross Champion
This would be tragic if I can't get the DRLs working when I eventually get these. Having nice, LED DRLs is 90% of my reasoning to get them eventually.
I already drive around with no DRLs during the day because non-LED DRLs look silly to me.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Update for anyone that is having issues like me. I did not get any adapters with my lights. I went to the Vland website and they have a whatsapp. I messaged them and they are sending me the adapters for 25USD. I'm hoping this will resolve the DRL issue. Will post back after I get them. If you are expereinceing the same issue and don't have the adapter I would recommend you contact vland.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
They shipped it out and will be here in 7 days. I really hope this will work, fingers crossed.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Adapters came in the mail today, I missed the mail today so will have to get them tomorrow, will def find the time to hook them up, will keep you all posted, fingers crossed!

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
The part that connects to the stock headlight plug does not fit. Very upset! Messaged the guy but so far nothing back yet. Not sure if there is a way to make it fit but it is too big it wont clip together, the other end that connects to the headlight itself fits no problem.

lckon_stratos

had the same problem with the seq vland UU headlights, they had sent me the adapters as well but same as rickybobbi, the adapters dont fit. prob switching back to the stock headlights and retrofitting some projectors onto them or finding some osram UU headlights (T.T)

if anyone can find a solution to get these damn drl leds to work, PLEASE!