GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Question About Shipping

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
So hypothetical question, if I order something from a company that has a product in stock, and they ships next day, why does it take a week to get to my house when I live 5 hours away from the company, and 3 from the Fedex facility it goes to first. The company shipped the item Fedex Smartpost. Has anybody had experience with Fedex Smartpost? I wonder if that is the culprit.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Depends on who you're using. Almost sounds like you ordered from ECS. They say ships next day, but the only thing that happens on the next day is a label gets made. Then it sits on a shelf somewhere until the next day when Fedex picks it up.

Then because they used smartpost Fedex delivers it to USPS and then USPS delivers it the rest of the way. The hand off to USPS adds a couple more days to the delivery.

I ordered something that took 4 days to get from Ohio to Tampa, Florida. Then because of Smartpost Fedex handed the package off to USPS in Tampa. To get from Tampa to my house just a couple hours to the south took another 3 days.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Depends on who you're using. Almost sounds like you ordered from ECS. They say ships next day, but the only thing that happens on the next day is a label gets made. Then it sits on a shelf somewhere until the next day when Fedex picks it up.

Then because they used smartpost Fedex delivers it to USPS and then USPS delivers it the rest of the way. The hand off to USPS adds a couple more days to the delivery.

I ordered something that took 4 days to get from Ohio to Tampa, Florida. Then because of Smartpost Fedex handed the package off to USPS in Tampa. To get from Tampa to my house just a couple hours to the south took another 3 days.

Yea I didn't want to start another shit post about ECS, but I did order from ECS. It sounds like a culmination of a few things lead to a long ass delivery time. I don't know if I'm being a spoiled bitch, but it seems unacceptable to me.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Long story short, it's ecs. They create the shipping label within the timeframe specified but it's not actually picked up or delivered to fedex until days later sometimes. I guess they classify creating the shipping label as the date shipped now. Sucks, They used to be really on point. I order anything that I need right away from their competitors now. I'll still use them if it's something I don't need right away though if they beat the price of others.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
They drive me crazy too. If they had appropriate shipping prices it wouldn't be too bad I think. Almost no matter what you order you either get free shipping and you're at their mercy or you gotta pay $20+ for the cheapest shipping option.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yup...the "free shipping" is the problem here.
They ship the cheapest way possible, to offer it, which takes longer

brobst

Go Kart Champion
My experience there is though if you pay for the 3day option its on time. Else that free stuff takes a week it seems due to the carrier handoffs.

Maybe they were losing too much money on shipping cost of small items.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk