GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 gti stage 2 vs 2011 srt8 challenger

hebrew hammer

while on a cruise the other day i was racing my buddys 2012 wrx pretty well bolted and has some 12.50 passes down the quarter mile only lost to him by 2-3 cars but anyway a guy in a 2011 challenger was ridin our ass so i pulled next to him and asked him if he wanted to race and he was like fuck yeah so i was like ok 2nd gear 30roll 3 honks and we were off literrally dead even untill i shifted into 3rd where he pulled a car and he held that one car length untill the next gear and pulled another car so literally from 30-120 he only pulled 2 car lenghts these srt8s run 13.0s in the 1/4 mile stock and i only lost by 2 cars not bad for a little 2.0 with a baby dick turbo i am unitronic stage 2, vf intake, awe top, bsh throttle body pipe, and 3inch catless downpipe to awe cat back i am 100% sure that with a fmic it will b almost dead even with that challenger :thumbup:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Not sure why you're talking 1/4 mile times in relation to a rolling start.. not much relevance

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
cars r faster from rolls unless awd
That doesn't make any sense. I think what you are trying to say is that from a roll, your car can keep up more closely with some cars that are much faster in the 1/4 mile, compared to racing from a dig. So "cars r faster from rolls unless awd" is retarded.

hebrew hammer

That doesn't make any sense. I think what you are trying to say is that from a roll, your car can keep up more closely with some cars that are much faster in the 1/4 mile, compared to racing from a dig. So "cars r faster from rolls unless awd" is retarded.

ok i get it your here to just b an asshole, a heavy car that races from a dig is going to b faster from a roll because it has less weight to move from a dead stop and it is already rolling so it has less force against it thats what it fucking meens 60fts are all about how well your car can get the power to the ground and grab traction. so when i say cars r faster from a roll unless awd meens that an awd car has an easier time going from a dead stop because it just grabs traction and goes and in turn meens it gets a faster 1/4 mile time than that of rwd or fwd cars so it doesnt meen that they r faster it just meens that they can accelerate better. roll races even the playing ground it lets you just put that power to the ground and race instead of worrying about traction and launching your car. it is a true power-to-weight real race

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I don't buy it, SRT8s are fast as hell and I'm also not sure how an intercooler is going to make up the loss unless it was 100 degrees out. No doubt you gave him a run for the money, but I just don't buy it.

hebrew hammer

I don't buy it, SRT8s are fast as hell and I'm also not sure how an intercooler is going to make up the loss unless it was 100 degrees out. No doubt you gave him a run for the money, but I just don't buy it.

im tellin you man that was the race play by play how it happened and im just saying that cause my buddy has a mk6 stage 2 with a godspeed fmic and pulls 2 cars on me like the srt8 did and all he has on me is the front mount im uni stage 2 hes apr but i raced another apr stage 2 with just intake and downpipe and i pulled on him 2 cars

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
so much hate on this forum. But I have no doubt that this story is truth because I hung VERY well with my buddy's '11 charger srt8.

hebrew hammer

so much hate on this forum. But I have no doubt that this story is truth because I hung VERY well with my buddy's '11 charger srt8.

finally someone thats not tryna hate on this forum lol im just here to tell me story and i feel like im about to b put on trial for murder........ shit lol

its all about the love for our mk6s ppl lol

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
I had a similar run in with a 2012 Charger SRT. I had 4 people in my car and he had 2 and he only had me by a car....
APR S2 with intake and turboback exhaust

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
ok i get it your here to just b an asshole, a heavy car that races from a dig is going to b faster from a roll because it has less weight to move from a dead stop and it is already rolling so it has less force against it thats what it fucking meens 60fts are all about how well your car can get the power to the ground and grab traction. so when i say cars r faster from a roll unless awd meens that an awd car has an easier time going from a dead stop because it just grabs traction and goes and in turn meens it gets a faster 1/4 mile time than that of rwd or fwd cars so it doesnt meen that they r faster it just meens that they can accelerate better. roll races even the playing ground it lets you just put that power to the ground and race instead of worrying about traction and launching your car. it is a true power-to-weight real race
tl;dr