GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning Accessport now Supports 2010-2014 Mk6 GTI!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You would not need any sort of spacer when using our Stage 2 OTS map. As long as the sensor is in place and in good working order there should not be any CELs present.

Marshall@COBB

This include those of us that are Catless?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

question on the AP's boost reading. I am usually at ~20 inches of mercury (vacuum) when idle and I have peaked around 20psi with my old Stage 2 tune.

With the AP, when idle it's reading in boost at about 5psi. I was on the highway last night on my way home and it read 50 inches of mercury the whole way in cruise control. I have peaked with the COBB Stage 2 AP at 30+ psi.

What's going on here? Is it reading in a different measurement?

Thanks.

DNAtured1

Are there any plans to make the intake CARB approved? I'm only aware of Neuspeed having one, so it'd be great to see another option in the market.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys,

question on the AP's boost reading. I am usually at ~20 inches of mercury (vacuum) when idle and I have peaked around 20psi with my old Stage 2 tune.

With the AP, when idle it's reading in boost at about 5psi. I was on the highway last night on my way home and it read 50 inches of mercury the whole way in cruise control. I have peaked with the COBB Stage 2 AP at 30+ psi.

Thanks.

I think they read in absolute so you have to subtract the atmospheric pressure. Its not that great of a boost gauge(anything reading the OBD2 isnt totally awesome. I would buy a mechanical gauge(Best read possible in my opinion) and maybe just show other AP gauges and not boost such as A/F ratio etc.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Thanks.

The AP takes raw data from the ECU. I.E it is not corrected for standard pressure. So take the number (X) and subtract 14.7 to get the correct value.

X-14.7= Correct Boost Reading

Numbers are still kinda funky, but at least they are closer to what they should be.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Marshall,

as of currently, your tune for stage 1 still lags the competitors in terms of performance gains.

your claims are currently +13.2% hp and +24.7% tq for your stage 1+SF map. however, APR's v2 stage 1 /w intake is +24.6% hp and +51.9% tq.

do you have plans to close this gap with OTS maps?

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
I think they read in absolute so you have to subtract the atmospheric pressure. Its not that great of a boost gauge(anything reading the OBD2 isnt totally awesome. I would buy a mechanical gauge(Best read possible in my opinion) and maybe just show other AP gauges and not boost such as A/F ratio etc.

Yep, it reads in absolute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
My AccessPort reads boost fine it seems. Stage 1 was hitting about 16-17. Why is everyone's so different. I certainly wouldn't subtract 14 from my readings.....

Tank1

Passed Driver's Ed
My AccessPort reads boost fine it seems. Stage 1 was hitting about 16-17. Why is everyone's so different. I certainly wouldn't subtract 14 from my readings.....

What parameter are you using as there are several boost related? My gauge reads boost fine :)

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I'm having issues. I believe it's their placement of the MAF on their intake that is throwing off my ratios. My long-term fuel trims are near 25%, whereas it should be around 10%.

Getting two codes: P2177 and P0420. Cleaned the MAF disconnected and reconnected the battery, same issue.

mfractal

Ready to race!
One would think they would tune it to their custom maf placement. I wonder if with another standard maf placement intake (cts, apr, uni etc) the tune would behave better..

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I'm having issues. I believe it's their placement of the MAF on their intake that is throwing off my ratios. My long-term fuel trims are near 25%, whereas it should be around 10%.

Getting two codes: P2177 and P0420. Cleaned the MAF disconnected and reconnected the battery, same issue.

Hey there! What map file did you flash to the ECU? Do you also have a downpipe installed on the car? If so, make sure you've go the Stage 2 OTS map flashed. You can browse to Tune, Show Current Map to verify the current map flashed to the ECU.

Marshall@COBB

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hey there! What map file did you flash to the ECU? Do you also have a downpipe installed on the car? If so, make sure you've go the Stage 2 OTS map flashed. You can browse to Tune, Show Current Map to verify the current map flashed to the ECU.

Marshall@COBB

It has been sorted. Thanks. I had the Stage 2 file with my turbo back, but I used my old breather filter setup and used the plug on the intake. I put your hose on and it's all good now.

Thanks! Loving the hardware/software so far. Incredibly smooth and drive-able.