GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any old fogeys like me with a GTI - I'm 43

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm on my way. Only 28 but I've had a GTI for the last 10 years and there's only a few cars I can see myself in, and the GTI is the most affordable.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
2010 Carbon Steel, bought new and i also have a 2013 Red Turbo Beetle, love the gauges on the dash, and a 2015 Harley CVO Street Glide. Also enjoy driving my wife's'17 Passat with technology.

I've always liked cars and motorcycles, had too many, but enjoyed them all.

Oh, i'm 70., be 71 in two months.

Last edited:

oldtype2

Ready to race!
41 years old. Had several VW's over the years, mostly air-cooled. Love my GTI, it's strictly a summer car. I'd hate for it to see Wisconsin road salt. Next step... stage 2!

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
43 here. Currently have 2013 GTI, stage 1 and other stuff. Wife has 2013 Audi A3, stage 1 and pretty much same stuff as me. Previously had two different MK4 Jetta and Audi A3 as well. Went Japanese and had an Infiniti G37 for 4 yrs before coming back to the MK6 GTI.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hi, I'm 40 currently driving a 2010 GTI, previously had a MK4 R32 and MK5 GTI and R32 next will be a MK7 GTI or R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I think the GTI is one of those cars that spans all ages and classes, just a great car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
35 here. I feel like the GTI isn't a car that an 18 year old can get into easily these days. Even with 2% interest a used $26,000 car is going to be about $400 a month. That's not easy for a teen or a young adult in college to afford. Just earlier today I saw a red MK7 GTI with euro tails and a man probably pushing 60 mowing through the gears on a manual gearbox. Having a fun time driving a car is ageless. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Celica ST, it was horrible, but utilitarian. Now that I have a stable job, a wife and kids.. I can afford a car that is just as utilitarian, but also makes me smile every time I hit unlock on my keyfob.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Just turned 34 in December. I've owned a number of tuned/built cars, but the GTI is flat out fun.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
35 here. I feel like the GTI isn't a car that an 18 year old can get into easily these days. Even with 2% interest a used $26,000 car is going to be about $400 a month. That's not easy for a teen or a young adult in college to afford. Just earlier today I saw a red MK7 GTI with euro tails and a man probably pushing 60 mowing through the gears on a manual gearbox. Having a fun time driving a car is ageless. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Celica ST, it was horrible, but utilitarian. Now that I have a stable job, a wife and kids.. I can afford a car that is just as utilitarian, but also makes me smile every time I hit unlock on my keyfob.

They aren't worth $26k anymore though. You can find used mk6s for $10k. I bought my 2001 GTI in 07 for $10k when I was 19. When I bought my current car used for about $19k I only put $3k or $4k down and my payments were like $292 a month. After making a few payments I refinanced and now my payments are only $244.