GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland LED headlight harness

boxx2carey

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I am having issues with some new installed Vland U LED headlights. The LED daytime running lights are not working. After some troubleshooting I've noticed the light harness pin outs are different. I realize their may be some coding required to get the error light out but at the moment I have no power to the LED DLR's.

I've tried to illustrate the differences. These are the pin layouts on both headlights.
I= Pin
0= No Pin

Vland MK6 Light Harness
#10 | I | | I | #9
#8 | 0 | | I | #7
#6 | I | | I | #5
#4 | I | | 0 | #3
#2 | I | | I | #1
#10 | I | | I | #9
#8 | 0 | | I | #7
#6 | I | | I | #5
#4 | 0 | | I | #3
#2 | 0 | | 0 | #1

You can see the differences between Pin #'s 1, 2, 3 and 4. Pin #3 on my harness is power to the daytime running lights. I am pretty sure Pin #3 on my harness are the DLR's. If Pin #4 on the Vlands is the DLR would I simply be able to swap the wire in the harness plug?

I've reached out to Vland to see if they could give me the pin out layout on their lights.

Any ideas boys??

Thanks

xvxmk6

Ready to race!
As far as I know, all the aftermarket LED DRL headlights have the LEDs wired to the parking lights. The way I did mine, I installed a euro switch with a trigger wire to the city lights and now they work on their own as city lights. Without depinning your harness/the headlight harness that's going to be the go to way to make it work. Took me ten minutes and in installed the wire and switch in the Audi parking lot.

https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Car-Euro-Headlight-Switch/dp/B07GBZGXNP heres the one I got. Fitment could be better but it's fine.
https://www.amazon.com/USP-Motorspo...e&qid=1554383563&s=automotive&sr=1-1-fkmrnull Here's the trigger wire.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
I'm also having the same issue. They say plug and play so I dont get why they are not working. Is there a way to code them to make it work?