GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm done with ECS

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Possible this thread is making them rethink how shipping their works. It's not good upsetting your customer base.

SO MUCH this.

I think they take thier reputation and the feedback given on the forums seriously. not just because of current customer base but because the future customer base will google them and see this as part of the results.

I may shop with them again in the future, if they take our feedback constructively. Which it seems like they are beginning to do.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
They pulled some bullshit with me recently. Delayed my order by a month for two bolts, which originally had a five-day estimate for restocking. Could have sent my other components and allowed me to wait or cancel the "out of stock" product, but nope. Three emails, all ignored. Had to contact them via chat and ask for a supervisor. While he did respond and sincerely apologize, I still think it's ridiculous.

this item may have been a drop-ship item. which means they are simply a middle man.

This is something they should make clear on thier site: in stock vs drop-ship item.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Here's something interesting, so my small condenser fan stopped working i called the dealer and they wanted like $175 for a new oem fan that will most likely break again as this is my second time this happens from mk5 to mk6.

I go on ECS and see fans for like $80-90 I was like awesome I'm gonna save money! And then I remembered the "free" shipping dilema and then I go to eBay and save like another $10 on the same fan (brand and everything) and get expedited shipping for free so eBay won! Sorry ECS maybe one day lol. Don't feel like waiting a week and a half for a fan that I need quickly but not to the point of paying $50 for expedited shipping. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are other vendors out there if you have a VW part number. just saying.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
If you have a VW part number, I've found that my local dealers have really competitive prices if you go through parts.vw.com. I've found that they're the cheapest option on a lot of OEM parts.

Something to keep in mind as you shop.

Last edited:

kerp

Ready to race!
this item may have been a drop-ship item. which means they are simply a middle man.

This is something they should make clear on thier site: in stock vs drop-ship item.

I notice they will list, "direct shipment" on some items. But the part of my order I'm referring to didn't, so I could only assume it was directly from them. The supervisor essentially told me they were at the mercy of their suppliers. Believe it also came in an ECS box...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i just bought some stuff for my 60k service. Not really concerned with the shipping as long as they come by mid next week.

Fuel Filter, Cabin Filter, Oil Service kit. And from UroTuning i bought the coilpack(OEM Audi Red tops) and bkr7eix plugs.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
My shipping has usually been pretty accurate. They might not ship the fastest like Amazon Prime can, but I know if I order by Monday, it will come in on Saturday. And I always spend enough to get free shipping, which makes it nice. So I don't have any complaints with ECS so far since their prices are almost always the lowest and they carry so many products.

I agree with this. The prices of the products is usually very competitive. I especially agree with the part about spending enough to get free shipping. I haven't had many complaints about the shipping speed like many but the shipping prices are a little steep. I was going to order an OEM turbo gasket and extra exhaust clamp for a downpipe job this weekend but it was like $13 shipping. Most of the time I hit the $50 but I have to get the small (inexpensive) stuff elsewhere

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Im not mad but ECS does need to change their wording. I too had the "if ordered now ships same day"(which if you hover over it says "This item is in stock and should ship today")
Maybe add the word "Should" into it like "If ordered now, should ship today", because when they say if ordered now ships same day that heavily implies that it will be sent out that day..

I also go to my order page and it still has yesterday listed as the expected ship day lol. I mean i dont really care but the advertisement of shipping is not correct.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
okay now im salty because someone from work annoyed me so now im annoyed with everything including ECS use of shipping terms.

Every item on my order says "If bought now, Ships same day". And all have the Green Check Mark saying Stock Available.

Fast forward to today and the the order has moved from Picking(yesterday, day of order) to picked. (Which by there terms means its fully picked and awaiting a shipping label to be printed).

The expected ship date on my current order summary still shows Yesterday June 13th as the ship date. And now 2 of the items Which still have the definition of "If bought now, ships same day" Have a little green check-mark with a blue line next to it and the words "Stock Available"

If you click on the green check mark and blue line it says "this item is in transit to ECS tuning and should be available the next business day".

I get that shit happens but for ECS being such a big boy company you think they would keep their terms in line. You can not say something is available and ready to ship the same day to someone if you dont even have it. And you should also update your Expected ship dates on peoples orders when the day has already passed and you havent shipped it.

I dont care that it will take 5 or 7 days with the free shipping i Care because if i paid for the expedited shipping like you keep pushing on people who complain about shipping times you still wouldn't have shipped it out since you didn't even have some of the items in stock even though you said it was Available and would ship that day when i ordered them.

Change your terms and how you use them. Don't say you will ship something the same day if you cant even keep a live count of the item and will try your best to do it. Trying doesn't mean anything in business, If you are going to make a black and white statement of "If bought now, ships same day" You HAVE to ship it the same day you cant tip toe around that meaning that doesn't have a double meaning or a implied meaning.

If you need to have something else because you cant guarantee you will meet your own promise write "If bought now, should ship same day" Adding in that one word of "should" really opens you guys up for a lot less annoyed people.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm not a lawyer, but I would say no. Shipping is not a product that they are selling you.

they're leading you to believe that the shipment would by as advertized - they are actually selling you shipping, even if it is provided as a "free service".

not worth doing a lawsuit, though.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
they're leading you to believe that the shipment would by as advertized - they are actually selling you shipping, even if it is provided as a "free service".

not worth doing a lawsuit, though.

There is a key word in their info on shipping. It says, "this product is in stock and should ship today". One, You would be hard pressed to get a lawyer to take this lawsuit. Two, as you said it wouldn't be worth if even if you could find a lawyer dumb enough to take it. Three, a judge wouldn't even bother with the case.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
There is a key word in their info on shipping. It says, "this product is in stock and should ship today". One, You would be hard pressed to get a lawyer to take this lawsuit. Two, as you said it wouldn't be worth if even if you could find a lawyer dumb enough to take it. Three, a judge wouldn't even bother with the case.
yes thats on the info key but the statment read before that reads "If bought now, ships same day." The should just put the info key words of "this product is in stock and should ship today" as the main text and not saying it will.