GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interest in GB rotors for 18ZL home made BBK

ToeBall

What are the rotor part numbers? I'd be interested in a set of 2171's. Hell, if willing, I'd also go for a set of 2182's.

Goshawk

Passed Driver's Ed
Piston sizes are not identical.

17z's actually have larger piston diameters.

That is true and if you want to get into particulars, the larger 18Z's are theoretically more progressive since it's front pair of pistons are smaller and offer less initial braking force and bite. The smaller-rotored 17Z calipers actually have larger pistons than the larger-rotored 18Z. The 18Z has a 30/34/38mm piston arrangement and the 17Z has a 34/36/38mm set.

-P.

* The astrisk was supposed to have a note with that factoid, but it got chopped off via the magic of BlackBerry.

Last edited:

LUI@ADS

Ready to race!
New Progressive upgrade calipers should work with these rotors. :)

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=849

LUI@ADS

Ready to race!
Yes you can fit the new RB460 caliper with OEM R32 345x30 rotors or RB's Two-Piece 345x30 rotors.

These Cayenne rotors with the appropriate adapter should work with the RB460's.

The RB460's are going through R&D still and should be run at the track in the coming weeks before being released.

Keep in mind that you will need 18" wheels to fit the RB460 calipers.

:)

I know how you feel PandaGti I want these for my MK4R32 as well. :thumbup:

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes you can fit the new RB460 caliper with OEM R32 345x30 rotors or RB's Two-Piece 345x30 rotors.

These Cayenne rotors with the appropriate adapter should work with the RB460's.

The RB460's are going through R&D still and should be run at the track in the coming weeks before being released.

Keep in mind that you will need 18" wheels to fit the RB460 calipers.

:)

I know how you feel PandaGti I want these for my MK4R32 as well. :thumbup:

That's exciting... As soon as these rotor rings wear out I can upgrade to bigger ones