GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Recall

finklejag

Ready to race!
My TPMS light came on yesterday. So I took my GTI into the dealer this morning. I asked them to fix the footwell vent Recall also. They said their was another recall for the GTI.

The recall is for the Emissions decal in the engine bay. The one with the diamond cut pattern. Mine was put on pretty shoddy from the factory. I wouldn't think a decal would be Recall material?

Recall # 24R6

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Recalls are usually safety or emissions related. However, neither the footwell vent or the sticker are "recalls." They are RVU's (Required Vehicle Updates). RVU's are issued proactively to either prevent a future recall or for customer satisfaction purposes.

Zero46

Ready to race!
Whats the foot vent "recall"? I often hit my right foot it when I switch from gas and brake pedals.

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
The drivers footwell vent isn't attached very well and can easily fall down and obstruct operation or just annoy. There are special VW manufactured plastic securing straps (aka zip ties) used to keep it in place.

daihard

Ready to race!
Recalls are usually safety or emissions related. However, neither the footwell vent or the sticker are "recalls." They are RVU's (Required Vehicle Updates). RVU's are issued proactively to either prevent a future recall or for customer satisfaction purposes.

I also had the driver-side footwell vent fixed when I took my car in for something else last week. The service guy called it a "minor recall." I'd guess he didn't use the term "RVU" because "recall" would be much better understood. :)

jmatero

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not the vent that's fixed. It's the footwell light on the driver's side. It comes loose and drops down into the footwell.

Zero46

Ready to race!
I ended up taking a Dremel to my foot vent yesterday. Cut about 3/4" off of the outlets. I wear a size 13 shoe and it was becoming kinda dangerous getting my toes caught when switching pedals.