GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yoffer's Build Thread

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Heres my 2012 CSG GTI with DSG. I know its a little late but i figured what the hell, i might as well make one since im on here so much lol. I bought the car back in July, so far i love it. It has the convience package. I traded in my 2012 2.5l golf for it. I really liked the golf, but when i originally got it i wanted the gti. I paid on the golf for all of 4 or 5 months and i couldnt take it anymore so i went back and got a great deal on the gti. I guess it just makes you appriciate the GTI even more. Me and my wife got new cars all at the same time, she got a 2012 Passat SE and she loves it. The coils and the wheels i swapped over immediately after bringing the gti home from the dealership.

Mods So Far
-Revo Stg1
-Stabila Street 25mm RSB
-CTS Turbo Intake
-AWE TOP
-APR Catback
-VCDS Tweaks
-ST Coilovers
-Miro BBS Reps
-AWE Boost Gauge
-Neupeed Torque Insert
-AWE Boost Tap
-Hankook evo v12
-Hella Xenon Blue Bulbs

Future Mods
-SPM DP
-Revo Stg2
-Cat Back
-BBK
-Intercooler Upgrade
-k04
-Upgraded Mounts
-Neuspeed Air Charge Pipe
-Neuspeed Rear Endlinks
-Tint
-DSG Flash

Heres when i picked it up at the dealer.

I was real quick to throw on my ST Coilovers and wheels from my golf that i traded in.

Went to my local dealer (Eurospec) to get flashed to Revo Stg1

Shortly after i installed my awe top and boost gauge at the same time.

I also had a Godspeed v1 intercooler but i was so tired of boost leaks that i eventually took it off and just sold it. I LOVED the way it looked but after taking the front bumper off 3 times to fixed boost leaks (somehow from the motor rocking would cause the hoses to slip) i just got fed up with it.
This is what i remember of my godspeed v1 (noticed the bumper is off and im fixing leaks...)

My most recent mod is my CTS Turbo intake (great intake BTW) and the Neuspeed torque mount insert (didnt take pics of the install)

Random Nighttime Shot

Last edited:

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
hmm i'll keep an eye on my boost hoses for my godspeed ic. getting those hoses to fit was a pita. how did you notice a boost leak?

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
hmm i'll keep an eye on my boost hoses for my godspeed ic. getting those hoses to fit was a pita. how did you notice a boost leak?
I would notice a high pitched squeal coming from either the passenger side or the drivers side under boost. It wasnt enough to actually notice it on my boost gauge or cause any problems. But after i fixed the leak you could tell the squeal was gone. And then maybe a week or so later another high pitched squeal would begin again, and after taking the bumper off i could see the hoses werent staying in the position that i had put them in. I just got tired of it.

Nice bud!

Where did you get Revo again?
From Eurospec. Its a shop off of Phillips hwy. I do most of the work myself, but i will be going to them once i decide to go K04. Ive gone to them many times before the owner and i talk on a normal basis. Great guys and i know there are few people on here that can vouch for their work.
Heres their website.
http://eurospecjax.com/

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I would notice a high pitched squeal coming from either the passenger side or the drivers side under boost. It wasnt enough to actually notice it on my boost gauge or cause any problems. But after i fixed the leak you could tell the squeal was gone. And then maybe a week or so later another high pitched squeal would begin again, and after taking the bumper off i could see the hoses werent staying in the position that i had put them in. I just got tired of it.

From Eurospec. Its a shop off of Phillips hwy. I do most of the work myself, but i will be going to them once i decide to go K04. Ive gone to them many times before the owner and i talk on a normal basis. Great guys and i know there are few people on here that can vouch for their work.
Heres their website.
http://eurospecjax.com/

Thanks. There is a EurpSpec in Davie too, so was just wondering.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Ive been debating. Is worth the extra $3100 +/- for the APR stage III kit over the k04? I want to go k04 because i can have a kit installed for around $2600 out the door, but im wondering if its really worth the extra cash for the stage III kit? I know some people say that they are used to the power of k04 and want more.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Not much going on, but here's a instagram photo

Last edited:

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
Been a while since i updated this thread. Havnt done much to the GTI recently, i changed the plugs in it and put a APR catback on. But heres a more recent photo of it.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
take care of those markers bro! lol. dipped mine last sunday and I cant even tell theyre there anymore

Dude i kinda like the amber! I really want to do the yellow lamin-x on my fogs.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
A quick question, replacing your MAF sensor caused any problems?

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie