GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Omega's CW GTI Build Journal

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Base dyno runs tomorrow!

Something I regretted not doing with my previous car. Im going to go ahead and call under 190 WHP but we will see.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
I was correct on my assumption of under 190.. i got a 183 whp. Dynojet and the guy never dynoed a DSG and we didn't pull torque numbers.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Bought myself a little something...waiting for the HID kit

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Installed my new OEM style LED Headlights from Ed! Awesome headlights I highly recommend these for any Halogen equipped cars.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Installed a BSH 27mm rear sway bar today. No pictures sadly because i forgot to bust the camera out.

Took a little test ride and there is a improvement on the body roll. I set the bar to the soft setting just to try it out, may switch to the stiffer setting down the line.

Also had to wash the car after my trip to north Illinois... car was filthy... lost the I from the GTI in the back so going badge-less on that for now.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Big news K04 and UR DP on the way! :happyanim: Also i have been putting together a Car PC! I have compiled a list of items as followed:

WIN IW-BQ656T.AD80TBLR, Mini ITX case - 45.99
ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 Motherboard - 89.99
AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHzh Quad-Core - 99.99
G.SKILL Trident 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM - 69.99
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 60GB (SSD) - 64.99
M4-ATX, 250w Automotive DC-DC Car PC Power Supply - 89.50
M4-ATX Enclosure - 2.95
Mini Touch 695 MCS-MT-695 -139.99
Centrafuse 4.0 Navagation - NAVTEQ maps - 129.99
USB Sirf III GPS Receiver for Centrafuse - 49.99
Total Project cost w/o shipping - 783.37

The goal is a compact design that i can place under the trunk floor while retaining my spare tire. The only option was to go with a Mini ITX Case. The case is a nice 3" x 8.9" x 7.6" Perfect to fit under the floor lining while retaining the original floor level.

I also have to make room for my 2 rather large JL amps and all the associated wiring for a project of this magnitude. The solution i came up with is to remove the foam inserts surrounding the spare and fabricate a rack out of MDF in their shape. This gives me a solid surface that is easy to attach items to with minimal effort.

Tomorrow i will begin the tear down stage of the trunk and begin to fabricate the mounting rack. I have the majority of the items needed for the PC however i'm still waiting on the motherboard and case to arrive. Instead i will be using a stand in "case" i had made using paper in the correct dimension for placement purposes.

Wish me luck guys!! :thumbup:

whats the car PC for?

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
It was more of a challenge then real world use..wasnt to hard to do really worked good but I lack programming skill and feel the current market just isnt there for car specific software. The programs they do have are buggy at best for bluetooth.

Navigation works just fine but i still prefered the Waze program i used with my phone which they dont supply PC software for.

I didnt have a single hardware issue and the sound quality was fantastic. But recently i have reinstalled my OEM radio.