GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many girls drive GTI's?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
One of my friends used to own a MKV R32 and modded MKV GTI, now drives a '12 GLI. Still trying to get her to drive a MK6 GTI or R though, but without much success :laugh:

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I'm female and just bought a used GTI to replace a Mini Cooper that got totaled in a hail storm. My husband thinks it's "manlier" than the Mini and isn't embarrassed to be seen driving it. I think it looks like something my 19 yo son should drive, and would have preferred white or black (it's red), but I love it anyway because I can get my dogs, bike, or a week's worth of groceries in it. And it sounds awesome! The sales guy was impressed by my knowledge and appreciation of cars :)

Welcome to the forum!

finallyamused

Ready to race!
Yea don't get me wrong. I love my car and can care less with what these guys say. They're idiots anyways. All I get from people is compliments on the car. I just haven't seen any women in GTI's (atleast not in South Florida).

I'm a girl who loves her CW GTI and just so happens to live in Southwest Florida :thumbup:

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
Dame in Vancouver here with a Stage 1+ and nuts about my car!
Total all rounder that does it all! Fast, winter warrior, furniture hauler you name it :)

When I peer into the windows of other GTI's I see about a 70% male 30% male ratio. I also see about a 10% grey hair stat! Not to forget that about 90% of the men seem short of stature. Maybe the GTI is a more comfortable car for short ppl??

MarkVIChris

Ready to race!
This is funny, because every time someone asks me which car is mine, I point at the CW GTI, and they respond with "Ohhhhh what a cute car", but not with "oh it looks like a girls car". I actually like it being called cute. Then I take them for a ride... From there on out they respond with "wow what a cool car all around".
CUTE & COOL!!!!!!!!!!

09vdubgti

Banned
This is funny, because every time someone asks me which car is mine, I point at the CW GTI, and they respond with "Ohhhhh what a cute car", but not with "oh it looks like a girls car". I actually like it being called cute. Then I take them for a ride... From there on out they respond with "wow what a cool car all around".
CUTE & COOL!!!!!!!!!!

And then you woke up....

:laugh::laugh:

09vdubgti

Banned
Dame in Vancouver here with a Stage 1+ and nuts about my car!
Total all rounder that does it all! Fast, winter warrior, furniture hauler you name it :)

When I peer into the windows of other GTI's I see about a 70% male 30% male ratio. I also see about a 10% grey hair stat! Not to forget that about 90% of the men seem short of stature. Maybe the GTI is a more comfortable car for short ppl??

note to self never go to Vancouver

hahah

nothing but males everywhere...must be raining.

volksade

Passed Driver's Ed
I work at 3 Volkswagen Dealerships.. so I kinda fit right in. No high horse truck drivers giving me hell. And even if they did, I'd have a couple choice words for em.

finallyamused

Ready to race!
Thought I knew all the locals. Car modded?

Right now, I only have an intake and a diverter valve. Here she is...

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
I'd like to take a moment here to apologize to all the ladies on the forum on behalf of all the men who say nasty stuff ( I am guilty as well occasionally).

Reading the board daily I've noticed (and at times participated in) sophomoric conversations revolving around sex, genitalia, and whale ejaculate. We are men, this is what we do. Especially when we are all testosterone jacked up talking about our turbo charged 4 bangers.

That being said, I would also like to say that we could use some more moderation around here of blatantly inappropriate conversation and behavior. Just because MOST of us are 18-35 yr old men who love penis jokes doesn't justify it IMO.

I mean a new member posts and someone inevitably replies " whale cum". Sure a lot of us appreciate that humor, but just realize that not everyone fits the "standard" demographic of 18-35 yr old manbearpigs.

Just sayin, we have old heads, young heads, females, gay/straight, white/black, have all graced this board. Let's all pitch in to try and clean it up a little around here eh? Thanks guys.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Just sayin, we have old heads, young heads, females, gay/straight, white/black, have all graced this board. Let's all pitch in to try and clean it up a little around here eh? Thanks guys.

Haha....you said head. :eek:

I'm a 33 year old girl w/ a 12 year old boy's sense of humor. :thumbsup: