GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 3 Mk6 GTI Dyno

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I'm still k03 lol I was thinking a k04 or f23t for more power :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are good options for power, I do believe the ko4 has more support and reliability, f23t I think need a custom dyno tune

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
what kind of numbers have you've seen from other K04 cars?

Your numbers actually look good. You cannot direct compare what other folks are posting in terms of dyno numbers, its not meaningful.

You are running on what appears to be a Mustang Dyno (also called the heartbreaker) that typically reads significantly lower than almost all dynos. Probably a difference of 7%

You are over a mile up, frankly there is just a lot less oxygen per cubic foot, a lot less than folks down at sealevel. That is good for about a 17% power loss.

You don't have a DSG tune so the operator can't push the pedal to the floor, he has to carefully feather it without triggering a gear kick-down, resulting in sometimes less than WOT. Not sure what percent here but it will be some.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Mustang dyno + altitude = low numbers.

Your car is prolly making 320 whp on a dynojet at sea level

This does make some sense. I do know that there is a noticeable difference due to air density at higher altitudes, but I've seen most K04s dyno on 93 somewhere in the 300-320 whp range. 50-70 whp drop seems a bit extreme even taking into account the altitude.

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Mustang dyno + altitude = low numbers.

Your car is prolly making 320 whp on a dynojet at sea level

Mind me to never dyno outside of Florida lol

CO_GTI

Your numbers actually look good. You cannot direct compare what other folks are posting in terms of dyno numbers, its not meaningful.

You are running on what appears to be a Mustang Dyno (also called the heartbreaker) that typically reads significantly lower than almost all dynos. Probably a difference of 7%

You are over a mile up, frankly there is just a lot less oxygen per cubic foot, a lot less than folks down at sealevel. That is good for about a 17% power loss.

You don't have a DSG tune so the operator can't push the pedal to the floor, he has to carefully feather it without triggering a gear kick-down, resulting in sometimes less than WOT. Not sure what percent here but it will be some.

My buddy who owns the shop was having problems with kick down too so he let me give it a try, I didn't go wide open till after 4300RPM or 4500RPM. You're also correct about it being a Mustang Dyno.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Isn't there a way to prevent the transmission from kicking down? I think it was holding the paddle down? I forgot lol

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Isn't there a way to prevent the transmission from kicking down? I think it was holding the paddle down? I forgot lol

Yeah there's a button under the pedal that tells it to down shift... just gotta go WOT lightly, don't mash the pedal.

CO_GTI

Yeah there's a button under the pedal that tells it to down shift... just gotta go WOT lightly, don't mash the pedal.

I tried holding the button down and it didn't work, Once I hit 4300RPM to 4500RPM i was able to go WOT without kickdown.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I tried holding the button down and it didn't work, Once I hit 4300RPM to 4500RPM i was able to go WOT without kickdown.
It's the opposite... Gotta avoid hitting that button... The button causes the down shift

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Hold on a second guys. I'm at 7400ft (JHB South Africa) and my Stage 2+ Unitronic made 325hp and 535nm. So there's not getting around it, 250hp for a K04 is very low.