GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official BLACK GTI / Golf Thread

TKE Mario

Ready to race!

AWD GTI?!?!:confused: if so then :clap:

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
^^ This it is an AWD dyno and we are working on the Pro tune tomorrow. I will post results and review this weekend. I am very happy with the stage 2 results and the gains or my previous stage 2 tune.

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
^^ This it is an AWD dyno and we are working on the Pro tune tomorrow. I will post results and review this weekend. I am very happy with the stage 2 results and the gains or my previous stage 2 tune.

gotcha, I was curious because I know of at least 1 member who has taken that expensive route

what stage 2 tune were you previously?

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Unitronics stage 2

JayChan

Ready to race!
My new to me GTI. Sooooooo happy with it. Completely stock other than an APR stage 1 tune on it and the ECS hatch pop kit. Is it me or does the paint have a crazy amount of blue pearl in it?

Sent from The Pit.

JayChan

Ready to race!

Thanks! I'm super happy with it. 2010 with only 46k miles, still has extended warranty until 2018, and 9.5/10 on both interior and exterior. The APR tune being on there already was a huge plus too.

spenny02

Ready to race!
Thanks! I'm super happy with it. 2010 with only 46k miles, still has extended warranty until 2018, and 9.5/10 on both interior and exterior. The APR tune being on there already was a huge plus too.
Nice it's purrty. Now you just need to change the springs so you aren't monster trucking, and you can hit the twisties harder.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Nice it's purrty. Now you just need to change the springs so you aren't monster trucking, and you can hit the twisties harder.

If you wanna hit the twisties harder, then rear sway bar is your best bang for buck mod. Makes a world of difference! If its looks, then go springs.

Also have fun searching the forums Jay, lots a great information on here. There's a lot of simple mods that you can do for free or under $20 like the door lever inserts, vagcom needle sweep, clutch stop (6spd MT owners), etc.

spenny02

Ready to race!
If you wanna hit the twisties harder, then rear sway bar is your best bang for buck mod. Makes a world of difference! If its looks, then go springs.

Also have fun searching the forums Jay, lots a great information on here. There's a lot of simple mods that you can do for free or under $20 like the door lever inserts, vagcom needle sweep, clutch stop (6spd MT owners), etc.
Agreed sway bar is best bang for buck performance wise. But as far as initial/beginning mod I think that tune is #1, which you already got. Then lower it which makes it look soooo much better.

JayChan

Ready to race!

springs will happen eventually. I want a decent drop, but don't want to go super low. I've done the static thing in my old g35 and I'm over the "low life" for now.

Vagcom is actually one of my first to buy items. Currently spending almost every penny I make on my upcoming wedding. Mod money will be available after that. What are the door lever inserts that you mentioned? Haven't come across that one yet.

spenny02

Ready to race!
springs will happen eventually. I want a decent drop, but don't want to go super low. I've done the static thing in my old g35 and I'm over the "low life" for now.

I recommend eibach pro kit. Great springs that will get rid of the wheel gap without "slamming" you.