GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
This thread needs a good thump... errr I mean bump :D

I'm interested in getting some 17" wheels that can fit over the performance package brakes of a GTI. Pretty much Golf R sized brakes. They will be serving winter duty, so they need to also be strong :)

Tough part is I really don't want to spend a huge amount of cash on them, again... winter duty so only 3-4 months out of the year they'll be on the car.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
This thread needs a good thump... errr I mean bump :D

I'm interested in getting some 17" wheels that can fit over the performance package brakes of a GTI. Pretty much Golf R sized brakes. They will be serving winter duty, so they need to also be strong :)

Tough part is I really don't want to spend a huge amount of cash on them, again... winter duty so only 3-4 months out of the year they'll be on the car.

I'd recommend trying to find a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s. I've seen a couple sets floating around in 17in that seemed reasonably priced. They're very lightweight and well built.

jeez

Ready to race!
Leggera HLT 18"

OZ Leggera HLT....18.65 lbs. Not bad! I had doubts about the look but it's growing on me. Sorry for the phone pic.

lordlosh

I have Golf 6 1.4tsi 118kw, can i fit DOTZ Shift stripe red R16? I live in a country with bad roads, thats why i dont want to go higher then R16.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I got some BBS RGR 17x8 et35 being delivered tomorrow. Only 18.6 lbs. Will be nice to get rid of these heavy ass Denvers. Not sure how et35 is going to look though caus im only dropped 1" on HR Sports. With a 225/45 I hope its near flush at least.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
I got some BBS RGR 17x8 et35 being delivered tomorrow. Only 18.6 lbs. Will be nice to get rid of these heavy ass Denvers. Not sure how et35 is going to look though caus im only dropped 1" on HR Sports. With a 225/45 I hope its near flush at least.

Post pix!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Installed finally after I found hubcentric rings that fit the bbs pfs rings that I couldn't remove. +35 doesn't poke as bad as I thought with 225/45s. With a 215/45 tire it would be pretty much flush. I need to take speed bumps so though, seems like it will rub a tiny amount if I take it too fast but otherwise if I roll the fenders should be g2g. Going from the 17" heavy Denver to the BBS wheels made an instantly noticeable difference in braking and acceleration.

Grandturismo

Ready to race!
Kerscher widened guards back on so I'm going to run Hankook Z221s 265/35 up front and 235 in the rear...and thanks

Last edited: