GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

clownish

just clowning around
ANy of you guys have an honest recommendation for a personal radio (walkie talkie) that would work in the mountains?

Getting close to the trip down to the Gap and we're thinking it'd be wise to have something non-cellular to keep in touch if we get separated.

I've already got a couple of the FRS radios (commonly used at autocross events) and *supposedly* those are good for 2 miles.... but I'm not sure I believe it.

Anybody got a product suggestion that they've personally used in mountains that have worked?

My one buddy dug up this one, claims to be a 36 mile range... but I'm sure that's only true in the plains of Nebraska where it's flat: https://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT1...1539278542&sr=8-3&keywords=midland+gxt1000vp4

I used these prior to a road trip to the Gap and one to Pikes Peak two summers ago and they were fine to a few miles.
How far exactly I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Just finished working.

Weekend Plans:
Winter cleaning (donating/tossing shit) , Fixing up some stuff around the house, winter prepping...maybe the shooting range if i get the time.

Cant recommend buying brighter lightbulbs around the house enough for those who suffer with SAD....really helps with the darkness of winter.

Back to Racing Games chat, forza horizon looks pretty good for an arcadish style game.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Stone fruit? never heard of . Sounds like a good cup of coffee though .

I like your rack

is that built into the wall ? looks unique

Stone fruit is any fruit that has a pit. (Peaches, plums, technically even cherries.)

The spice rack is simply a piece of galvanized steel from Lowe’s. We love the industrial modern vibe and finding creative ways to repurpose things. I’ve made several things for the house.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Red River Gorge was awesome. It was a beautiful drive. I wish that we were able to have more time to hike though.

This was the view from the top.

Then the trail doubles back and...

That’s the underside.

I got a couple of shitty shots of the car. There wasn’t a good angle to be had. The road was in the wrong place.

clownish

just clowning around
Just finished working.

Weekend Plans:
Winter cleaning (donating/tossing shit) , Fixing up some stuff around the house, winter prepping...maybe the shooting range if i get the time.

Cant recommend buying brighter lightbulbs around the house enough for those who suffer with SAD....really helps with the darkness of winter.

Back to Racing Games chat, forza horizon looks pretty good for an arcadish style game.

Horizon 4 is kinda fun. Have played on friends accounts; haven’t made the plunge. Have an Xbox S and have been debating getting an X with horizon 4 and Motorsport 7. But racing games honestly get boring to me quickly so I dunno.

Lately have been hitting GTA5, prominence Poker and fallout 4 for a bit but honestly the Xbox is like a media center more than a gaming console.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m thinking about going without my engine cover and polishing the engine. I am pretty sure that I have seen pictures of at least one of yours. I can’t seem to find any now. I would appreciate it if someone could post some for reference.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i know one guy who cleaned up and painted his valve cover... to my knowledge he is not on here though... ill try and get a few screengrabs from his IG

Status
Not open for further replies.