GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyrolsport Subframe Collar Kit

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone, I recently installed the Tyrolsport Subframe kit on my 2011 GTi. I did the front and rear together. I recently added to new Contis DWS 06 in the front, so I figured let me add the kit to make the car more stable and get the most out of it.

The car feels stiff and somehow wobbly, as if there is a disconnect btwn the steering and the tires. Don’t know how to explain it. The clonking noise is gone. There is still some clicking when turning the wheel from a stopped position, but I would assume that’s normal. However, I feel the car being more wobbly, and the drive feel a little off. Maybe it’s the new tires, maybe it’s tire pressure, or maybe even the alignment that was done is a bit off, but there is definitely something different about the car. I’m taking it back to the shop tomorrow, but figured I’d ask if anyone had a similar experience after installed the Tyrolsport kit.

P.S. Everything is stock on my car, except for the APR Stage 1 done 5 years ago.

Thanks for your input

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Might be tires, I dont have experience with the tyrolsport kit but I recently got Nitto Neo gen tires put on my car and they feel pretty wobbly compared to my old pirelli pzero setup, I think im at 35 psi all around and im going to try going up to 40 and in theory the turn in should be more responsive.

ce4

Ready to race!
When I put my Conti DWS06 on this summer, I was for sure there was something wrong. Running full factory suspension. I feel you on the "wobblie-ness", kinda not stable at higher speeds.

For me it was the break in period on the new tire. After about 1000 miles of "less-than-spirited" driving, they are feeling pretty solid now.

I agree with jay475 on the sidewalls. mine always look low but that's just how they are I guess. My brother has the same tires on his subaru legacy and he says the same thing.

I just check my pressure every few weeks and make sure i'm at least at 38psi.

Last edited:

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
When I installed my Tyrolsport subframe collar kit it only made everything feel more stable and planted.