GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I love P-cars, but I’ll probably never own one. The rational side of me just won’t allow it. New cars are dumb financially and used P-cars are even dumberer. New cars have kinda jumped the shark for me. All the electrickery has taken the soul out of driving. Yes, today’s cars are faster, but not necessarily more fun or satisfying. I love my GTI, but my e30 was my favorite “driving” car I ever owned. Wish I still had it. May have to get another one eventually.
Yep. Couldn't agree more on the E30 account. I miss mine so much. I liked it alot more than my gti. And like you said, it's a good car, but the e30 is better. I'm planning on getting a 325i, keeping the m20 and then turboing it. Most likely a similar build to KA Motors build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I don't like any of the modern supercars.

Dare I say, even the modern P-cars are getting numb and have too many nannies.
But none of the Japanese supercar attempts were ever as raw or special feeling as the Germans from the era.
The only one that came close was the FD RX7.
The Supra was a boat. A fast boat, but a boat. 3KGT/Stealth.. lol. The 300ZX was a cool timeless car but not on the level of the others.

He eventually married a Hooters girl that was 10 years younger... then got divorced... and is now dating someone much more close in age to him.

He's in the Huntleyish area tho.... LITH.

Not me, if that's what you were going for. :)
I hear the twin peaks girls are more refined.

The supra was a great value until the car scene amped up the prices to ridiculous levels. Same goes for Type R's , Vr4s etc.

So many awesome 90s cars. 300zx TT. eclipse gsx etc

I dont recall many rx7s on the road even in their prime, low production numbers maybe.

"In stock" doesn't mean in stock and ready to ship. Not ecs either.
What happened? You want to talk about it?
Yep. Couldn't agree more on the E30 account. I miss mine so much. I liked it alot more than my gti. And like you said, it's a good car, but the e30 is better. I'm planning on getting a 325i, keeping the m20 and then turboing it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nostalgia , the E30 was crap or youd still be driving it. Same reason people who have garage sales value their shit waay more than what its worth. We dont want your used books for $5 each ..its worth a quarter.

Tune your GTI and do some supporting mods, you wont miss e30 tbh

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

The supra was a great value until the car scene amped up the prices to ridiculous levels. Same goes for Type R's , Vr4s etc.

I dont recall many rx7s on the road even in their prime, low production numbers maybe.

What happened? You want to talk about it?

Nostalgia , the E30 was crap or youd still be driving it. Same reason people who have garage sales value their shit waay more than what its worth. We dont want your used books for $5 each ..its worth a quarter.

Tune your GTI and do some supporting mods, you wont miss e30 tbh

Mine had a lot of issues yes, but I had a blast driving it every single time I did. I also miss RWD :( If the Supra comes in at a decent price and manual, and mod friendly then I am getting it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I love P-cars, but I’ll probably never own one. The rational side of me just won’t allow it. New cars are dumb financially and used P-cars are even dumberer. New cars have kinda jumped the shark for me. All the electrickery has taken the soul out of driving. Yes, today’s cars are faster, but not necessarily more fun or satisfying. I love my GTI, but my e30 was my favorite “driving” car I ever owned. Wish I still had it. May have to get another one eventually.

The E30 is excellent. Great feel, lightweight, and definitely the best visibility I've ever experienced in a car.

I think the trick, P-cars too, is to find something that was pre-nanny, pre-computer.

Once you start to get into the 986/996 and later cars, you start to lose some of the soul... a little more with each generation.

I don't think the FD's sold well. Probably didn't help that they were only 255hp when all the others were 300-320. Even tho the FD was lighter and had performance on-par... that day and age was all about the number.

A clean Supra was always expensive. You could find rats for cheap money but it was a rat.

Disagree. Sometimes you don't realize what you had until you don't have it anymore.

I loved my 944 Turbo but wanted something newer, that performed better.

I regret selling that car today. The new cars, while cool, fast, with way more tech and convenience... are just not what the 944 was.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I saw this at a used car dealership on the way home this morning.

I bet that thing would be a blast to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I saw this at a used car dealership on the way home this morning.

I bet that thing would be a blast to drive.

I was following behind one that had a butterfly valve for his exhaust. He was having fun with it dumping straight from the headers and running the full exhaust. Was hilariously loud!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I love the look of old cars. I just know that I would miss the creature comforts of a modern car. I like being hugged. I don’t understand how bench seats were ever a thing.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I love the look of old cars. I just know that I would miss the creature comforts of a modern car. I like being hugged. I don’t understand how bench seats were ever a thing.

Oh man, bench seats... lol sliding from one side to the other without my seat belt growing up was fun.

Phur

Autocross Champion
ChiChat17: P-Cars For Everyone - Get Eaten By A Cougar In A Bar - WOW

I had an 88 fiero a long time ago. While the thing handled amazingly, I never felt as snugly planted in my seat as the GTI. I was smaller back then though, maybe that would have something to do with it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Mine had a lot of issues yes, but I had a blast driving it every single time I did. I also miss RWD :( If the Supra comes in at a decent price and manual, and mod friendly then I am getting it.

Lol. Good one. Bunny has good jokes

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I had an 88 fiero a long time ago. While the thing handled amazingly, I never felt as snugly planted in my seat as the GTI. I was smaller back then though, maybe that would have something to do with it.

Always loved Fiero’s. Almost bought one as a beater/daily

Status
Not open for further replies.