GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Jokes Phur days and ass for weeks. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thanks to your wife yeah I get ass whenever I want it ;)

Im just playin man. Hows married life treatin ya? Do you feel married or nah? I was with mine for 5 years before we got married and lived together for basically the same amount of time so getting married didnt really feel different to me.

Last edited:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Is the blue car a triumph?

Always loved Fiero’s. Almost bought one as a beater/daily
cant agree with you on the fiero comment
I gots jokes for days and days. Im crossing my fingers but not holding my breathe :(
he can twirl a pen too^

The E30 is excellent. Great feel, lightweight, and definitely the best visibility I've ever experienced in a car.

I think the trick, P-cars too, is to find something that was pre-nanny, pre-computer.

Once you start to get into the 986/996 and later cars, you start to lose some of the soul... a little more with each generation.

I don't think the FD's sold well. Probably didn't help that they were only 255hp when all the others were 300-320. Even tho the FD was lighter and had performance on-par... that day and age was all about the number.

A clean Supra was always expensive. You could find rats for cheap money but it was a rat.

Disagree. Sometimes you don't realize what you had until you don't have it anymore.

I loved my 944 Turbo but wanted something newer, that performed better.

I regret selling that car today. The new cars, while cool, fast, with way more tech and convenience... are just not what the 944 was.

944 looks cool, never got a chance to drive one. They "looked" easy to work on, not sure if actually the case though.

FD would be nice car if you are mechanically talented with cars.

Actually have driven an E30...i see why people like them...they just need updating. The one i was in was original everything and very high mileage like 200k

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I hear the twin peaks girls are more refined.

The supra was a great value until the car scene amped up the prices to ridiculous levels. Same goes for Type R's , Vr4s etc.

So many awesome 90s cars. 300zx TT. eclipse gsx etc

I dont recall many rx7s on the road even in their prime, low production numbers maybe.

What happened? You want to talk about it?

Nostalgia , the E30 was crap or youd still be driving it. Same reason people who have garage sales value their shit waay more than what its worth. We dont want your used books for $5 each ..its worth a quarter.

Tune your GTI and do some supporting mods, you wont miss e30 tbh

Just fuming at another parts seller. Might do a thread about it. Gonna stew on it.

Phur

Autocross Champion
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500.
I didn’t like Fieros until I saw mine and fell in love.
I was referring more to how planted in the seat I feel when cornering, not accelerating.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Well thanks to your wife yeah I get ass whenever I want it ;)

Im just playin man. Hows married life treatin ya?

Ha. Married life has been great! We are so excited to move in less than two weeks [emoji16][emoji16]

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Ha. Married life has been great! We are so excited to move in less than two weeks [emoji16][emoji16]

Thats awesome! What kind of place did you find? Condo, apartment, townhouse?

Phur

Autocross Champion
My Fiero was a money pit. From what I’ve learned since then, they either are or not at all. There’s not much in between.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
My Fiero was a money pit. From what I’ve learned since then, they either are or not at all. There’s not much in between.

E30's are all money pits lol. You just always want to spend more on it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Thats awesome! What kind of place did you find? Condo, apartment, townhouse?

3 bed 2 bath apartment. 1200 sq feet and possibly a two stall garage. Waiting to hear on garage stilll. $1000/ month. Super cheap for what it is. Marathon gas station, Dunkin’ Donuts and McDonald’s within the parking lot. Also a hole in the wall bar across the street [emoji1303][emoji1303]

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Sounds like these cars to a certain extent lol

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
3 bed 2 bath apartment. 1200 sq feet and possibly a two stall garage. Waiting to hear on garage stilll. $1000/ month. Super cheap for what it is. Marathon gas station, Dunkin’ Donuts and McDonald’s within the parking lot. Also a hole in the wall bar across the street [emoji1303][emoji1303]

congrats, seems like everyone on this thread moving to a new better house/state this past year or 2

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion

Better than what I got. So that's a really good deal man. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Sounds like these cars to a certain extent lol

Not even close. I was young and just starting out so I didn’t have the funds. No upgrades, it just kept breaking down.
When I got the car, I was still in high school, working part time at Taco Bell. It would eat through back tires down to the steel belts in two weeks. I didn’t have enough money to get to aligned. I had to keep putting used tires on it every two weeks for almost three months while trying to save up enough money to actually fix the problem.

Phur

Autocross Champion
The brakes went out in it and I had to have the entire system redone, new lines, calipers, rotors, pads, everything except the master cylinder. $1800. I was only 22 at the time. Still no money. I saved up, got it fixed and a few months later it started sounding like it had a supercharger. Then abruptly it sounded more like a propeller driven airplane. The engine was done. So was I. I still miss it though. I had wanted to transplant the engine from a Bonneville. 3800SC, a supercharged 3.8L V6. That was what the guy that bought it said he was going to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.