GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What holds you back from getting rid of your GTI?

MKVI-DRVR

Ready to race!
I have read a lot of threads lately discussing getting rid of the GTI and getting a new car. I seem to see a lot of hesitation in this unless a perfect opportunity shows itself to the individual. My question is this... What aspect of your GTI kind-of holds you back from getting rid of it for another car. Barring financial reasons, I know this is a big factor outside of the car, what holds you back?

One of my largest is the interior. I am spoiled by our interiors. They seem so nice and well put together. Also, the all around usability of the GTI. I've looked at a great many cars, mainly an Evo X, but I can never seem to pull the trigger on one because of the fore mentioned reasons and a few smaller things, finances not included. What about you?

McQueen77

Banned
for the money and for what i want, i dont think there is a better car in existence. performance, utility, comfort, fuel economy, style, interior, all of it.

while there are little glitches here and there, now i know what people meant all those years about german cars seeming superior etc. i always owned japanese for years and years and they just don't compare. japanese, korean, american - im just not interested anymore and will never own non-german again. i see those cars and see so many flaws that the germans seemed to get right. reliability long term remains to be seen and i may eat my words, but ive never loved driving so much, the car is rock solid and i love driving the car every day. i still take the long way home on purpose and make up errands for myself just so i can drive it and thats a year and half after getting it. it hasn't worn off. why else would i still be on a forum talking about the stupid car after that long?

its also not so complex. i used to long for bimmers and audis more, but lately i have found the BMWs and Audis to be on the overengineered side. Too much electronic gadgetry. Too much tech, for me anyway. I don't care about that stuff. I want to escape my computer and facebook and all that shit when i drive, not have the BMW office feature on my screen. who cares? but the bluetooth and MFD and other basics are nice. The GTI seems to strike a blend between tech and classic 'driver's car' feel.. who knows, i may be a gti guy for life.

All those reasons.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
The fact that I just bought it in October, and I'm still loving that brilliant decision. :D

girlpowermk6

Passed Driver's Ed
for the money and for what i want, i dont think there is a better car in existence. performance, utility, comfort, fuel economy, style, interior, all of it.

while there are little glitches here and there, now i know what people meant all those years about german cars seeming superior etc. i always owned japanese for years and years and they just don't compare. japanese, korean, american - im just not interested anymore and will never own non-german again. i see those cars and see so many flaws that the germans seemed to get right. reliability long term remains to be seen and i may eat my words, but ive never loved driving so much, the car is rock solid and i love driving the car every day. i still take the long way home on purpose and make up errands for myself just so i can drive it and thats a year and half after getting it. it hasn't worn off. why else would i still be on a forum talking about the stupid car after that long?

its also not so complex. i used to long for bimmers and audis more, but lately i have found the BMWs and Audis to be on the overengineered side. Too much electronic gadgetry. Too much tech, for me anyway. I don't care about that stuff. I want to escape my computer and facebook and all that shit when i drive, not have the BMW office feature on my screen. who cares? but the bluetooth and MFD and other basics are nice. The GTI seems to strike a blend between tech and classic 'driver's car' feel.. who knows, i may be a gti guy for life.

All those reasons.

Absolutely right! We should be the one who DRIVE the car, don't let the car do it for you!

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
yes the interior is perfect. i got the drink holder in the door pocket and d shape steering wheel. i love hatchbacks, they are easy to park and useful for hauling stuff and fun to tear up a b road. im so lucky to be driving a nice car like this so i cherish each drive. i live in germany so its hard not to be a vw fan. i see almost every generation of vw every day. i love it. i drive my gti very aggresive on the b roads so thats the only way i can enjoy it but its so much fun when im on the limit. and somtimes i pop in a movie and recline the seat back when im waiting.

P

plac

There's nothing better.

FNR32

Ready to race!
Finding a buyer for it is the only thing holding me back. I start putting her back to stock as of tomorrow.

MKVI-DRVR

Ready to race!

There's nothing better.

Nothing better is a strong statement. Do you mean nothing better in the round-a-bout price range? Or do you mean you feel that the GTI is THE car for you?

P

plac

Nothing better is a strong statement. Do you mean nothing better in the round-a-bout price range? Or do you mean you feel that the GTI is THE car for you?

suppose i mean price range. theres nothing better i can afford according to my car purchasing variables. (i.e no used cars)