GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Foam Spare Tire Placeholder

steemax

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to get rid of my spare tire but I've tried this before and it bugged the crap out of me! You couldn't place anything heavier than 1 gallon bottle or it would just collapse into the spare wheel well.

So I had an idea and thought it has to exist! I tried searching quite a bit but came up empty handed. I'm looking for something such as a place holder made of hard foam that drops in place of the spare wheel to hold everything up.

6MTCSG

Banned
even better, take your spare out, drill a hole that will fit the plastic screw in on a 2 by 4 and instead of putting the spare back in and tightening the plastic screw, put the piece of wood and tighten it. It will hold the plastic screw up and that will support the carpet

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
even better, take your spare out, drill a hole that will fit the plastic screw in on a 2 by 4 and instead of putting the spare back in and tightening the plastic screw, put the piece of wood and tighten it. It will hold the plastic screw up and that will support the carpet

good idea

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Instead of a wooden 2x4, use thick styrofoam, glued to the spare tire cover. This will cause no noise and weigh next to nothing.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
The Styrofoam I'm referring to is very strong. They use it as padding on thick, heavy glass.

Does this type have a name? Where can you get it?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion