GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 05-17-2018, 03:49 AM   #15
Korydogg
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: '14 Drivers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoewoz View Post
If you don't need plug and play, there are much better options than the Focals, but if simplicity is important then they will provide an improvement. Did you every figure out what head unit you have? If you have the RCD 310, then I don't really recommend replacing the speakers until you've replaced the head unit. The RCD 310 won't send a good enough signal to the speakers to make it worthwhile. If you have the 510, then I think you can vagcom the radio for either a processed, or unprocessed signal, which will help a lot.
I still haven't figured out which one I have. To be honest, stereo stuff is kind of low on my list. I just installed dampers/springs and im getting those dialed in and then I also have a few parts on the shelf waiting to get installed. I also am getting parts together for more power so I have a lot going on with the build. What is an easy way to find out?
Korydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #16
gijoewoz
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2005 Impreza RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korydogg View Post
I still haven't figured out which one I have. To be honest, stereo stuff is kind of low on my list. I just installed dampers/springs and im getting those dialed in and then I also have a few parts on the shelf waiting to get installed. I also am getting parts together for more power so I have a lot going on with the build. What is an easy way to find out?
Just compare photos online. Google RCD 310 and RCD 510, they are very easy to tell apart. If you have the 310, you'll never get great sound until you replace it.
gijoewoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:56 AM   #17
Korydogg
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: '14 Drivers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoewoz View Post
Just compare photos online. Google RCD 310 and RCD 510, they are very easy to tell apart. If you have the 310, you'll never get great sound until you replace it.
Thanks for the tip! I have the 510 in that case. So I guess I'm doing ok in that way but sounds to me I need to find a good replacement.
Korydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #18
gijoewoz
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2005 Impreza RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korydogg View Post
Thanks for the tip! I have the 510 in that case. So I guess I'm doing ok in that way but sounds to me I need to find a good replacement.
The 510 is better than the 310 (as far as I've read). You can use vagcom to defeat the processing that's going on in it, and send a clean, flat signal to whatever processor or amp you decide to use. Even then, an aftermarket deck will be a huge improvement, if you're willing to lose the OEM look.
gijoewoz is offline   Reply With Quote