GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicsdeep1

Ready to race!
Question about coding:

If I hook these up with out the resistor boxes, I will get an error (Prior to coding). Now the question is, will they still work and function like normal or does the car open the circuit after the initial bulb test?

I am asking this because, I would like to install these, and then drive to get the car programmed for the LED tails but need them to function on the drive there.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Question about coding:

If I hook these up with out the resistor boxes, I will get an error (Prior to coding). Now the question is, will they still work and function like normal or does the car open the circuit after the initial bulb test?

I am asking this because, I would like to install these, and then drive to get the car programmed for the LED tails but need them to function on the drive there.

Thanks in advance.

They function 100% normally. It triggers a warning and that is the worst of it. Anyone besides the driver would never know.

There are folks who drive for weeks with it on before coding.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
After a harsh winter, I threw some headlight restorer on the tails and they look brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducatiti

Ready to race!
So I met up with Joseph aka Dose to purchase the LED Tail lights and have it installed. Dose is a true gentleman and a trust worthy mechanic, as my first impression. He took his time for the installation and provided valuable information in regards to the vehicle to include coding tips and application. He had all the necessary tools plus more. He even buffed out and polished minor imperfections only you as an owner would notice. I really liked the fact that he did not rush anything and even aligned the taillights accordingly.

SO IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD BUY THIS OR NOT. DO IT NOW. IT’S WORTH EVERY PENNY AND YOU ARE BUYING IT FROM A GUY WHO TRULY STANDS BEHIND HIS PRODUCTS. HE IS A VW ENTHUSIAST AND A MECHANIC FOR 16 YEARS SO I AM CONFIDENT THAT HE WILL BE STILL AROUND FOR THE YEARS TO COME TO PROVIDE MORE PRODUCTS AND AFTER SALES SERVICE. I WILL BE A REPEAT CUSTOMER FOR SURE.

I will post a new thread and more detailed pictures when I have my projectors installed next week by Dose.

For now here are some iPhone pictures of the product and my new Recaro seats :)

docss26

Ready to race!
Looks good. Are these the dark cherries? Mine are on the way. I can't wait to install them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Looks good. Are these the dark cherries? Mine are on the way. I can't wait to install them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yes, dark cherry.

Just a tip: Save the silicone shims from your factory lights. Used a couple when aligning the tails.

docss26

Ready to race!
What's this I hear about wet sanding these lights? Have any of you needed to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.