GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video]MK6 GTI Stage 1 DSG vs Stage 2 MT

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
So did he let off or did you catch up that quick after the boost stick? just trying to see the difference between stage 1/2

I caught up that quick. Didn't pull a ton of lengths on him before I let off due to the car in front of me, but still enough of a difference IMO that it's worth it.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
If you Powershift, would you still get that throttle lag?

I've never done it, is it safe to do?
Sounds like it would be horrible on the clutch and transmission from what I've read :yikes:

I mean, there are arguments for and against it. Some say it will lessen the life of the clutch/trans & some say it won't. I'm not saying go out and do it, but I powershift at the track and it definitely helps a bit. You have to be able to shift fast, though.

I'd have to imagine there is a way to FTS (Full Throttle Shift) with the tuning software(s)? There are for virtually all other boosted cars (i.e WRX/MS3/Genesis). That would probably really help the issue you are having, but again, I don't know if that exists.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I mean, there are arguments for and against it. Some say it will lessen the life of the clutch/trans & some say it won't. I'm not saying go out and do it, but I powershift at the track and it definitely helps a bit. You have to be able to shift fast, though.

I'd have to imagine there is a way to FTS (Full Throttle Shift) with the tuning software(s)? There are for virtually all other boosted cars (i.e WRX/MS3/Genesis). That would probably really help the issue you are having, but again, I don't know if that exists.

If the TB stays open, it can't get stuck closed, so I'd suspect I would like the results. Havent heard of any software that allows me to do that though...the WOT box, but I haven't really looked into that either.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
That is exactly the one i bought. It's only 10 bucks. Even if it doesn't totally fix the issue, the shorter clutch and lower engagement on it are are totally with it. I shall do more testing on my way home!

Interesting, do you go to the Tuesday monthly meets on Griffin/I75? I'd like to check out this setup!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Interesting, do you go to the Tuesday monthly meets on Griffin/I75? I'd like to check out this setup!

I have one now as well, after reading Clapper's post about it, and I can't imagine not having it now. I just drove the new MK7, I didn't think the clutch was ever going to catch.
The clutch stop is awesome, highly recommend it!

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion

I do! I'd be happy to let you drive it. But yeah after having the clutch stop, I took it out for fun. HORRIBLE. Like he said ^ can't imagine not having it now.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I've noticed that when you put the clutch all the way down the shifts are almost never smooth for some reason, but when I depress the clutch only enough to disengage it (not taking it all the way down) the shifts are so much smoother and I rarely get that TB issue. I've been wanting to buy one of those clutch stop things.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I've noticed that when you put the clutch all the way down the shifts are almost never smooth for some reason, but when I depress the clutch only enough to disengage it (not taking it all the way down) the shifts are so much smoother and I rarely get that TB issue. I've been wanting to buy one of those clutch stop things.

It didn't fix the issue for me, but I did notice that I get it in a different gear now (which is extremely weird). I used to get it only shifting 3rd to 4th, now I only get it shifting 2nd to 3rd. I don't have a clue why that is though...