GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5.0 Mustangs...

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
2015 must have different tires? 20 ft shorter and 200 lbs heavier must be warmer/better tires or a significantly improved ABS system. Calipers/rotors/pads don't affect stopping distance unless they are really bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
2015 must have different tires? 20 ft shorter and 200 lbs heavier must be warmer/better tires or a significantly improved ABS system. Calipers/rotors/pads don't affect stopping distance unless they are really bad.

My thought too, but it seems to be on the same Pirellis. I went through the article... I have a feeling this 2015 is a ringer car of sorts... IRS won't help that much... and 20 ft in braking is quite a bit.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion

The new GT has the old Track Pack brakes. The new GT Performance Pack has the old GT500 brakes.

The tires on the GT PP are the sames as the last year car, a kinda crappy, P-Zero summer only tire.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
My thought too, but it seems to be on the same Pirellis. I went through the article... I have a feeling this 2015 is a ringer car of sorts... IRS won't help that much... and 20 ft in braking is quite a bit.

Ringer? :laugh:

This is the slowest review.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
The internet is losing their shit over the inconsistencies in these guy's numbers.

Plus, can anyone be trusted that compares a sports 2+2 with a V8 to a Camry for rear seat room?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The internet is losing their shit over the inconsistencies in these guy's numbers.

Plus, can anyone be trusted that compares a sports 2+2 with a V8 to a Camry for rear seat room?

The real question is ... is a V6 camry faster (in a straight line) than a V6 S550... And I think we know the answer to that one :laugh:

Something about this gen mustang doesn't add up for me. Its too big too heavy and somehow going the opposite direction of where all the other muscle cars are headed. I highly doubt the next camaro/challenger will add weight and retain the same giant gas guzzling power trains.

The argument could be made for the Eco 4, but it seems to be the same speed as the V6 model that is arguably more reliable an cheaper.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
The V6 is going away.

Ford doesn't want to sell it anymore and only has it for the rental fleet. But I'm pretty sure you know that and are just being the resident hater you and Troy are. :)

The next Camaro will be heavier too, I'm sure. You two bitched about my C7 being heavier and a POS too, but I think the common factor is that if you don't own it, its trash. :laugh:

The trend is they all get heavier with features and safety items and if they had to do it on the C7 they aren't going to reverse it on the Camaro when the competition is not getting lighter. See the 500 lb difference in the Dodges. Its 2015 and people want things like HVAC seats, most people don't want a new car with limited C5 features anymore.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Damn, so hurt.:laugh:

In actual response to your points, I'm certainly looking for features like HVAC seats given my locale. And the S550 may be the best overall Mustang ever. And the 2014 Coyote was a good car!

I think the problem is that 2 doors aren't supposed to weight 4Kish unless they are a Bentley.

I will definitely check the car out. Still have massive concerns that a 460hp Coyote is just around the the corner.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The V6 is going away.

Ford doesn't want to sell it anymore and only has it for the rental fleet. But I'm pretty sure you know that and are just being the resident hater you and Troy are. :)

The next Camaro will be heavier too, I'm sure. You two bitched about my C7 being heavier and a POS too, but I think the common factor is that if you don't own it, its trash. :laugh:

The trend is they all get heavier with features and safety items and if they had to do it on the C7 they aren't going to reverse it on the Camaro when the competition is not getting lighter. See the 500 lb difference in the Dodges. Its 2015 and people want things like HVAC seats, most people don't want a new car with limited C5 features anymore.

Didn't call it trash anywhere so please don't make things up ;).

Just because I don't own doesn't mean I can't speak my opinion on it. :laugh: its the internet.

And I still think a 38xx lb mustang GT is appalling.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
The V6 is going away.

New Camaro is supposed to be a 2-door ATS/CTS platform vehicle.

2010 Camaro loaded with 3.6 V6 and 6-speed auto = 3807 lbs (C&D)

2013 ATS RWD 4-door loaded with 3.6 V6 and 6-speed auto = 3561 lbs (C&D)

2014 CTS RWD 4-door with 3.6 V6 and 8-speed auto = 3840 lbs (MT)

The only way the Camaro can get heavier is if it is as big as the CTS and has as much equipment as the CTS. What makes you so sure that will happen?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
GS do you have any info on the Mustang powerplants? Will ford retain the 5.0 or tweak it next year... fucking over the first year dudes...