GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Manifold Extended Warranty

Traughn

Passed Driver's Ed
So I recently threw a CEL and the dealer told me that I need a new intake manifold (P2015 error).

Everywhere I've looked, people say this is under the extended warranty, but speaking with VWoA, my VIN isn't covered.

Has anyone heard of this? Know of a solution?

Stevec717

Ready to race!
I have a 2011 and just got this at 60,000. It was covered under a campaign.

Traughn

Passed Driver's Ed
What is a campaign? When I speak with a dealer, they just look at my vin and say I'm not covered

WTF-IDK

Ready to race!
Are you guys the original owner of your cars? I heard manifolds are covered to 120K.

Not sure. And I don't know the deets. I'll call some friends at the dealer.

Traughn

Passed Driver's Ed
I did see that, however I talked to volkswagen and they told me my VIN doesn't qualify under the warranty. Didn't know that was possible.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I did see that, however I talked to volkswagen and they told me my VIN doesn't qualify under the warranty. Didn't know that was possible.

My VIN also doesn't qualify.

Traughn

Passed Driver's Ed
I spoke with vw and they may be able to extend a courtesy. I mentioned that it water pump was replaced for the second time in 60k miles so maybe they are taking pity

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Was told the extended warranty only applies to pre-2012 MKVI GTIs.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
sorry if this was already said...at work....and in a hurry.

I have a 2010 with KO4 and have had my mani changed out 3 times under warranty. Its all about the dealership you are at. I found a great one and continue to go there.

One dealership replaced by manifold the first time, I popped the same code 2 weeks later because the manifold was faulty (the new one), then that same dealership blamed the turbo. I talked down to them and made them look stupid because that excuse was total bullshit. I went to another dealer and got it replaced under warranty the same day, in and out, without and appointment. That was about 2 years ago, they replaced it gain just a month ago and did a valve cleaning. I just paid the difference for the valve cleaning.

The manifold issue is purely design flaw. The sensor that goes bad can't be reached or replaced separately and it also goes bad because of carbon build up....another prob most manufactures didn't see with DI so it goes hand and hand. Thus the campaign.

When there is a campaingn and extension....etc.....the manufacture most defiinitely doesn't really have a solid fix and is just trying to keep owners happy until they upgrade to a new model.

Just try another dealer and be nice to them and break down the facts to them. They will find it hard to deny you if you come in there and be nice but also know what you are saying etc....not that you don't :)

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2011 and OP does as well.

What's your build date?

I think it probably goes by build date more than model year. My 2011 has a build date of 8/10 and I got the extended warranty letter.

Traughn

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a good question. I'm not sure the build date, I'll see if I can find it.

I'll be going to a different dealer this weekend to get another opinion so hopefully they around too critical (I'll try to remember to hide my boost tap. Uh oh)

WAP

Go Kart Champion
You can find your build date in your driver's door jamb.