GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
apparently im causing some waves in traditional plac fashion, by making all these videos about my tunes. the tuner said it is reflecting negatively on his business.. not sure why, i always speak the truth "as i see it". LOL.

Subies are a pain to tune man.. you know i always thought VW's were by far the most complicated, and thats why Cobb can't tune them. But I was wrong. Subies are so much more picky, it might take me 20 revisions to get a tune right, although I know I won't last that long in this tuner vendor relationship the way its going. I have no complaints though, the car runs pretty fast. Don't really know what more I can expect. The main issue was the tuner tells me nothing about changes every time I get a new rev map. "It's proprietary" as they says.. So every time I test a new map, I have no idea what I am trying to feel. That is what is frustrating about getting a custom tune.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
apparently im causing some waves in traditional plac fashion, by making all these videos about my tunes. the tuner said it is reflecting negatively on his business.. not sure why, i always speak the truth "as i see it". LOL.

Subies are a pain to tune man.. you know i always thought VW's were by far the most complicated, and thats why Cobb can't tune them. But I was wrong. Subies are so much more picky, it might take me 20 revisions to get a tune right, although I know I won't last that long in this tuner vendor relationship the way its going. I have no complaints though, the car runs pretty fast. Don't really know what more I can expect. The main issue was the tuner tells me nothing about changes every time I get a new rev map. "It's proprietary" as they says.. So every time I test a new map, I have no idea what I am trying to feel. That is what is frustrating about getting a custom tune.

How did he become aware of the vids????

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How did he become aware of the vids????

dood.. im not hard to find.. i have 7,100 subs.. and i have a build thread with all my videos.

i did post a "fan made" tune video in the Bren thread once, i thought it was a funny video. The guy made it like a soap opera style.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I guess i woulda used a different email or something so he didn't connect the dots between online and real life...

would have been cool.. even tho my email has nothing related to my youtube channel.

got an update from them. he said my rev 4 logs "look good, that gave you some low end back".. hmm i guess. i didnt feel any difference really.. i guess the charts tell the story.

I just downloaded virtual dyno and had a graph in 2 mins. its easy. very suspicious that the hp is EXACTLY the same..

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

I agree with this, knowing the previous gen whenever you install an intake, header, intercooler, etc. it has to be re-tuned, otherwise it'll run like crap.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Typical how my least favorite rev 2 at least on paper had way more power than the other 2. (9 more hp, 16 more tq)

Lessons are being learned by me... i should have stfu when this started, and let them tune it the way they wanted. Maybe my weird pedal setup is just screwing things up for me. Rev 2 had the pedal feel they recommended...

squall

Ready to race!

i disagree with the pain to tune comment. It's all in who the tuner is. i've had 3 subies all with different tunes from different tuners... if your familiar with the subie scene, jr tuned one, cleo another and also jermaine at turboxs for another.. all different setups..all one and done. I had a utec on one car, a hydra on another and also an accessport. i cant imagine having 3+ revisions on basically a stock car.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i disagree with the pain to tune comment. It's all in who the tuner is. i've had 3 subies all with different tunes from different tuners... if your familiar with the subie scene, jr tuned one, cleo another and also jermaine at turboxs for another.. all different setups..all one and done. I had a utec on one car, a hydra on another and also an accessport. i cant imagine having 3+ revisions on basically a stock car.

interesting experience.. i find it strange that these stock cars want 10+ revisions also... but i guess they want to make sure i dont blow one of these new engines..

squall

Ready to race!
interesting experience.. i find it strange that these stock cars want 10+ revisions also... but i guess they want to make sure i dont blow one of these new engines..

Haha. Yeah, I guess you have a point. The new FA motor hasn't really been proven yet. I'm OG EJ school. It's def better to be safer than out of warranty and sorry...

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
That 355hp CLA45 AMG Merc looks like a blast to drive. Too rich for my blood though.

SCH5500

Passed Driver's Ed
$2000 is a small price to pay to switch cars. Many people pay triple that to get out of a car.

Going a ways back but I'm reading through the thread....and just to make a point...

2k is a lot to some people.....triple that, I can't even fathom....

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Going a ways back but I'm reading through the thread....and just to make a point...

2k is a lot to some people.....triple that, I can't even fathom....

$2000 is a lot to me. luckily i only had to pay about $350 to get out of my GTI if i remember correctly.

but before i had kids.. it was nothing.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

I dont see why at all he has any complaint. As a user/customer you have a right to post or voice your feedback of a product in continuous use and evolution. Personally I feel he is giving you feedback as a driver and not just ending the development of which you have paid for.

He has every right offer clarity or clarification on his work and should. Keep doing what you are doing. Why have the web at all if you wont or cannot simply because he is not comfortable. You have not slandered or derided his work at all. Frankly it makes me more curious about what and how the tuner does his work.