GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sat radio not showing up anywhere

5.elements

So, my wife and I just purchased a used 2013 GTI which was supposed to come with Sirius available but I am unable to find it in the radio (not showing up in the menu's nor as a button). I have the original window sticker which shows it installed. I found that there is a couple extra cables coming out the headliner that are a rj11 like connector and iphone lightning connector. Does anyone have any knowledge about aftermarket systems disconnecting the Sirius module and antennae? Any suggestions getting this up and running?

CK

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
does your radio have the SAT button on it? What radio is in it???

if it isn't the factory radio, the Sirius tuner is in the factory radio, so only the antenna is behind the dash.

someone could have swapped in a china version radio, which doesn't have the SAT button.

5.elements

That is it... I had already started figuring out what it was. We just bought the car today and had read up on the 2013's all having standard sirius (our radios stations suck around here) and thought it was stock. We are going back to the dealer to figure out what we can do or return the car. There are other issues that we didn't notice till we got it home.

The other question: if we keep the car and purchase a US/NA RCD-510 will we also need to get the bluetooth module as well? It's either that or get an original 2013 or higher RCD-310.

Thanks
CK

The Canuck

Ready to race!
I would think if they stated there was satellite radio, you should get it. I feel like there is another thread that is floating around here recently that a customer bought a used car thinking it had certain features, only to find out it didn't. Did you get it from a VW dealership?

Don't hold me to it, but I think if you get the RCD-510 you will need the bluetooth module. Search the forums, there always seems to be someone selling some sort of radio... just depends on how much you want to spend and what features (nav) you want.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
look under passenger seat....is the BT module there??

your gonna take back a GTI because of the radio?? I don't know seems silly to me, granted you said other issues, but still...how major are those issues???

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
Your car probably had the RCD-310 and someone swapped it with the Chinese RCD-510. You need a new radio.

5.elements

I do have the bluetooth module and was able to figure out the streaming which worked... sort of. When streaming with normal US/NA RCD-510's does it display the song title and artist (using an iPhone)?

Issues with the car:
Cables were run under the headliner for a car charger and a radar detector. The phone cable is fraying and has to be removed and we have a different brand of radar detector
The radio...
The rear vent looked correct but when I tried to move it, the little slider broke off in my hands.

5.elements

Ordered a new one a few days ago and it should be here today!