GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Idatalink Maestro for VW radio replacement:

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I'm a bit confused with the factory bluetooth/mic and the one that may come with whatever unit I choose to buy. I'd like to buy something android auto, however I understand you can verbally say things and android auto will search things, or respond to texts etc. Would the factory bluetooth/mic combo work for this?

As far as I know, the factory bluetooth microphone is proprietary to VW due to the impedance of the factory microphone and proprietary connector. They do make an aftermarket one that goes in the factory spot for other brands of aftermarket radio though. This one comes to mind: http://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_MIC_VW1.html

Last edited:

Matzk52

Wondering what gauges show up when you plug into the OBD.
Im looking into getting the I datalink and maestro along with a kenwood deck DNX9902S.
Do gauges like boost come up?

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Wondering what gauges show up when you plug into the OBD.
Im looking into getting the I datalink and maestro along with a kenwood deck DNX9902S.
Do gauges like boost come up?

These are the ones that I have set:

gichoke

Passed Driver's Ed
How would an aftermarket headunit interact with the dynaudio AMP with regards to the DSP? The new Kenwood headunits have great EQ/time alignment, but I believe the dynaudio amp has that processing currently.

So if you want to use the headunit, what happens? Does the dynaudio override? Or would it default to the signals the headunit sends without any DSP?

Aciid

I just installed a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX, my car did not come with navigation built in to it.

My car is a 2013 VW GTI, can the AVIC-8200NEX pass the nav arrows to my MFD? From what I could find online, only the kenwood units would do this, but the info was from years ago and I couldn't find anything for ~2016.

I have a vcds cable if I need to code anything, I know there is coding for navigation but iirc it's for the stock headunits with nav. I couldn't really find any info on this either and haven't contacted ross tech about it.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
I just installed a Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX, my car did not come with navigation built in to it.

My car is a 2013 VW GTI, can the AVIC-8200NEX pass the nav arrows to my MFD? From what I could find online, only the kenwood units would do this, but the info was from years ago and I couldn't find anything for ~2016.

I have a vcds cable if I need to code anything, I know there is coding for navigation but iirc it's for the stock headunits with nav. I couldn't really find any info on this either and haven't contacted ross tech about it.

I don't think you need Ross tech for this. As the maestro harness has the can bus wires that will get you that info im sure. Best bet is to contact idatalink themselves and see if they know.

Sent from my distraction device

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Did Pioneer finally support the iDatalink? I remember a couple of years ago a bunch of pioneer customers got screwed by a promised firmware update that never came. I am just glad that I didn't purchase a Pioneer double-din based on an empty promise.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
I've been researching this and it appears that the Kenwood DNN992 is available for my 2013 GTI. It looks like this unit will play DVD's. BUT, only when the car is parked and not moving. [Don't pass judgement] How would one go about setting this up so that DVD movies can be played while the car is moving? I have 3 kids and would love some peace and quiet while I'm driving long distance. I.e. - it's far better and easier to listen to yet another Disney movie playing for the umpteenth time than listening to 3 kids yelling, screaming and clawing at each other. Alternately, I can just buy them a portable DVD player. But then I'd have to buy 3... and i'll open up Pandora's box of needing to power them or charge them, etc. etc. etc. We've also tried the Android tablet streaming, but cellphone bandwidth sucks. So back to the original question, is it possible to set this up for DVD in motion? Thanks in advance.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
From my experience with kenwood, you just need to ground out the light green wore which should be the wire that goes to your parking brake. Some other manufacturers you need to wire a switch. But I'm certain just grounding the wire will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one8toh8

Passed Driver's Ed
How would an aftermarket headunit interact with the dynaudio AMP with regards to the DSP? The new Kenwood headunits have great EQ/time alignment, but I believe the dynaudio amp has that processing currently.

So if you want to use the headunit, what happens? Does the dynaudio override? Or would it default to the signals the headunit sends without any DSP?
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I love the way my Dynaudio sounds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T537A using Tapatalk

necro1234

Just to check, my Mk6 GTI (base model) didnt come with the steering wheel controls, I have the 9w7 bluetooth module under the passenger seat.
I have the overhead console with the phone button/mute button.

Does the Maestro RR activate these buttons for those who didnt get the steering wheel controls for the phone? (I'm guessing yes but didnt see the overhead console mentioned).

Thanks