GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the new Seat Leon (owned by VW) better looking than the new Golf?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I prefer the GTI. The Seat looks nice but the styling is distinctly non-German to my eyes.

That's because it is a Spanish brand. It shouldnt look german. German cars are boring looking, Italian and the rest are more adventurous.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
We have the Seat here in Qatar.

It's a lot cheaper than the Golf (in all model variations), interior is very cheap (looks and feel) and everything about the car feels cheap...even the sound of the doors when they shut close.

It's a lower class car than the Golf.

My dear Americans...enough with the complaining.your cars are good enough..not even the Scirocco is worth all the crying.

Even with our "stripped down" or lack of models:rolleyes: some peeps complain about... yea we dont do to bad:w00t:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
We have the Seat here in Qatar.

It's a lot cheaper than the Golf (in all model variations), interior is very cheap (looks and feel) and everything about the car feels cheap...even the sound of the doors when they shut close.

It's a lower class car than the Golf.

My dear Americans...enough with the complaining.your cars are good enough..not even the Scirocco is worth all the crying.

Totally agree. SEAT and Skoda are your bargain entry-level brands that elevate the VW brand in terms of quality.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
That's because it is a Spanish brand. It shouldnt look german. German cars are boring looking, Italian and the rest are more adventurous.

Hmm. The same guy designed both cars, and he's Italian. If it looks Spanish, it's because Walter de'Silva decided what "Spanish" should look like. He also designed a bunch of Alfas, the Miura concept, and the R8.

The back third is nice, but this car isn't exactly adventurous, it's just kind of pleasant looking. There isn't much room to be adventurous in platform cars just plugging different front clips on the same structure.

I think BMW as a marque is probably the biggest risk taker in terms of styling. When the Z4 and E65 7-series and M Coupe and 6-series and Z8 and M1 and 3-series first came out, people bugged out. Can't say that about many other makes that sell more than 1,000 cars a year. Definitely not anything from Asia.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
You guys are crazy, the new A3 and mk7 Golf/GTI are much better looking than this Seat. This thing just looks awkward all over with really ugly angles everywhere.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
reminds me of a kia,
I was reading the comments for the article and found this funny,

"All in all, it's not a bad looking car. But seeing how people normally drive these things, it starts to look way much uglier. I live in Spain, which casually is the main market for Seat. And I happen to see these things every god damn day, and every god damn time a douchebag is driving one. They speed in small, Spanish towns with really narrow streets and drive utterly recklessly most of the time. I have nearly been hit by one various times, both on road, driving, and walking around the city. I even know people who got one. They look like douchebags, they act like douchebags. They are douchebags. Only (mostly) an older generation of people own Audis and BMWs, so instead of them, we have Seat Leóns which are pretty accessible over here. Why do douchebags have to ruin everything? As I said, it's not a bad looking car, but the image people give to that car... Ruins it.
I felt like ranting about León drivers for such a long time that I can't believe I did it now.
So if you come to Spain for holidays, avoid Seat Leóns, especially if you're driving."

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
No, not at all.

The Seat Leon is not a bad looking car, but it's very derivitive.
I see lots of styling cues on it that can be found in other cars.
Particularly in the rear pillars, tail lamps, and hatch.
Head lamps as well.