GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R glitches??

thekinger

Passed Driver's Ed
I wasn't sure if this was worth posting or not, but i'm just curious. does anyone know if the R has any problems/issues in the european theater? What i mean are little things like the leaky washer nozzles that the GTI is having and things like that.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Are you serious?

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I heard that the right rear wheel and brake rotor are coming loose and flying right off under heavy boost. True Story.

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Seems like a legit question.

How many have been sold at this point?

Wild Hare

You know what, all car manufactures will have problems along the way. And I'm sure that if something happens along the way that VW "will" take care of you while under warranty.

No car line is perfect. Be thankful you don't own a Toyota right now!!!

If you are afraid of challenges along the way... don't buy the car.

I'm "all in" with the Golf R. I'm buying it no matter what. I've owned several VW's since '77 as well as other cars. My passion is in the VW line. To have this much "OEM" power in a VW is great! I'm ready to mod the hell out of it once I have it too. I also have a mod friendly dealership as well. Giddy up!

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
The powertrain in the Golf R has been around awhile ... in fact there's very little of this car that hasn't been around awhile.

Engine/Transmission from the Audi S3 and TTS
Chasis is the same as the MKV
Standard VW interior ... honestly only some variations from MKV, and almost the same as the rest of VW's current lineup.

Nope, it's all pretty well tested. It probably can't get any more refined without starting with a clean slate.

Wild Hare

Pker

Passed Driver's Ed
The powertrain in the Golf R has been around awhile ... in fact there's very little of this car that hasn't been around awhile.

Standard VW interior ... honestly only some variations from MKV, and almost the same as the rest of VW's current lineup.

Nope, it's all pretty well tested. It probably can't get any more refined without starting with a clean slate.

Please correct me if Im wrong, Ive always thought the s3 engine is a tfsi but for the golf R it should be a Tsi engine. Anyone here can clarify?

cnimativ

Ready to race!

MK6 has its fair share of problems and its based on the same chassis as MK5 and the same engine too...