GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extended Warranty Cancelation

$1600 Driveeasy ext warranty on a 2010 GTI. Traded that car in in May of 2012. Cancelled the extended warranty and received less than $900 back.

So lets see... Lost $700 ... never used ext warranty once.

Now... I'm signed on to Geico's Mech. Breakdown ($90/ year) to protect my livelihood from the 3rd to maybe 7th year of ownership. (our std warranty is kinda weak and I have a sunroof and a German a/c system as well as hyperoverworked ABS components)

nolaquen

$1600 Driveeasy ext warranty on a 2010 GTI. Traded that car in in May of 2012. Cancelled the extended warranty and received less than $900 back.

So lets see... Lost $700 ... never used ext warranty once.

Now... I'm signed on to Geico's Mech. Breakdown ($90/ year) to protect my livelihood from the 3rd to maybe 7th year of ownership. (our std warranty is kinda weak and I have a sunroof and a German a/c system as well as hyperoverworked ABS components)

I'll preface this all with "yeah, I know. Learned my lesson".

I got the extended maintenance for about $1100, Road hazard for $550, and the extended warranty for $2300. I cancelled all of these, unused, about 1 year after purchase, and the dealership left me a voicemail saying the $1800 I received back is the correct amount.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I'll preface this all with "yeah, I know. Learned my lesson".

an expensive one, but at least you learned something...There will be lots of cars in your future (I'm up to 65 now). Just don't do it again!
Good luck..

knowfear

Passed Driver's Ed
looking to sell my car and the extended warranty I bought does not add much value to price in buyers eye, does anyone have the number to call to get refund on VW Drive Easy Warranty? Do I need to process before I sell or can I do it right after?

Thanks,

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd call prior/first just to see. It is pro-rated too, so that can be a factor. Plus, does the VW warranty transfer to a private buyer?

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Extended warranties are not all the same, ie coverage some have deductibles and most are ridiculously expensive.

I purchased one in June, my cars warranty expired in May.

4 years, 75,000 miles ( i only have 8,000 on the car now ) no deductible, bumper to bumper, other than normal wear parts. 800 dollars.

Hopefully i will drive a little more often, but, i doubt i will go over 50K, but you never know.

Generally, they don't fix issues by fixing parts, they replace them and they are way too expensive to not have a warranty. After 7 years of ownership i may still keep it or probably trade it or sell it myself or give it to a grandchild who knows. But one window motor, fuel pump etc. will eat up a good bit of my cost for the warranty.

I know that the company that called me, sent me stuff in the mail, that i thought was associated with VW, might not be, didn't want to waste my time investigating it, wanted 2300 dollars for the same warranty i got for 800, and then he told me there was no way i could have a warranty like his for only 800, hmmmm, i said ok bye bye.