GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield Wipers

#madrussian

Passed Driver's Ed
So i had my car taken in for some diagnostics recently, my A/C fan was running even while the A/C wasn't on, they found a nicked wire. for them to diognose it they had to take a lot of the top ed stuff apart, to get to the ecu and other harnesses.

The issue was fixed under warranty, but after i got my car home, i noticed that the windshield wipers don't go as far anymore, the far left one would get parallel to the edge of the pillar, but now its like 15 degrees off. Anyone else experience something like this or have any suggestions on how i would fix it?

Thanks,

#madrussian

VgRt6

Ready to race!
I assume they removed the wipers to get to the ECU. Sounds like they didn't install the wipers in the correct position. They seat onto a splined shaft and can be easily adjusted to another position. Pop the plastic cover above the pivot point off, remove the nut, pull the wiper off the spline (this can be difficult sometimes) and then reinstall it in the correct position.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I would just bring it back to them, if close.. and have them fix it.

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
So i had my car taken in for some diagnostics recently, my A/C fan was running even while the A/C wasn't on, they found a nicked wire. for them to diognose it they had to take a lot of the top ed stuff apart, to get to the ecu and other harnesses.

The issue was fixed under warranty, but after i got my car home, i noticed that the windshield wipers don't go as far anymore, the far left one would get parallel to the edge of the pillar, but now its like 15 degrees off. Anyone else experience something like this or have any suggestions on how i would fix it?

Thanks,

#madrussian
I removed my wipers when ial disconnected my soundkator and when i put them back they were fine. Maybe the messed up whilr installing them. They are a pain to get off at first until you get the hang of it.

I would take it back to them. They messed up now have them fix it