GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
5x112 to 5x114.3. Everyone says wobble bolts, and idk just doesn't seem like a good way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not get wheels that are 5x112?

People use wobble bolts all the time for the conversion you're talking about. Very rarely do people use adapters for that. Also, depends on the offset and width of the wheels you're looking at...you might not even be able to use adapters.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Short shifter recommendations from the manual guys?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Stock offset works for me lol. Don't need hellastance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offset for stock wheels is in the 50's IIRC. Good luck with that and any wheel wider than stock.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Offset for stock wheels is in the 50's IIRC. Good luck with that and any wheel wider than stock.

The serrons which were 7.5 wide had an offset of 52

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I also disagree here. It's a nice piece but way too short and notchy for me.

Sanderzzz try and drive one.

Trust me, it's not bad at all. It's really not terribly short and the notchiness is not that serious. Yeah, it's not a stock shifter, but that's the point.

I absolutely loved mine. The last few days I had my car I would drive it occasionally and I miss the shifter and clutch setup so much. That DieselGeek was the best thing I ever added to that car, it made the driving experience so much more fun. The shifts are sooooo crisp. Look around the forums, DieselGeek is the way to go.

S3 is cheaper and OEM, but I can bet you'd be left wanting more after the install. It's just a stock GolfR shifter, I wouldn't spend money on it. All personal preference doe.

Definitely try and get yourself a weighted knob too, it will make a nice difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.