GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How often (if ever) do you change your tune mode??

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
Haven't changed it since it was loaded.

Took it in for service today, didn't bother setting it to stock mode. I just asked the mechanic not to install any ECU updates. He smiled and said no problem. Of course when I was picking up the car he told me it took 3 tries to get the ECU update to load. I'm sure he got a real kick out of the look on my face before he started laughing.

Nice! :lol:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Why? I never got the reasoning for this mode. Are you afraid the valet cant handle the massive 250 hp?

Agree, we have it in a bunch of applications and I generally tell people it is a gimmick we can do it so it is there but we don't really expect people to use it. We had the option to put it in our updated 2.0 TDI software, I mentioned it to a handful of customers and they all just laughed asking why. TDI owners do seem to love the idea of the anti-theft though so we added that.

I only switch when testing things out, like I may get a file with 4 different individual files in it to test all in one flash. Other than that all my cars stay in performance mode all the time.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Great post btw, interesting to see people's thoughts.
I switch back to stock just incase, never know with the dealer.