GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Saw one yesterday downtown, nice, but even smaller than I thought they'd be, lol.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Everyone surely loves their crossovers :laugh:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Because it's 16 inches longer, 6 inches wider, 7 inches taller.

It's WAY WAY bigger on the outside and somehow not any bigger on the inside. The power of Porsche backward-ass engineering?

If maximum space is needed its the wrong vehicle. If I were going for maximum interior, minimum exterior, I'd buy a Fit.

It's not engineered to be a Fit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That's what makes it appealing to me. It's more like a tall Porsche hatchback. Pretty neat car, honestly.

oh word.

It has no more space than a mk7 Golf :lol:

oh word?

But AWD, ground clearance, and P-car badge.

If I lived somewhere colder, I'd love one for a winter car/general runabout.

oh word.

Everyone surely loves their crossovers :laugh:

oh word.

It's WAY WAY bigger on the outside and somehow not any bigger on the inside. The power of Porsche backward-ass engineering?

oh word?

If maximum space is needed its the wrong vehicle. If I were going for maximum interior, minimum exterior, I'd buy a Fit.

oh word.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Amazing that one of the best spors-car makers is also a maker of amazing SUV/Crossover's. SO much for ass backwards engineering lol. GM has ALOT to learn among others lol! :thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Bro its a cross over. Everyone has to get one! It's the new thing. Its not an suv because its a gas guzzler. Its not a car because this way you have to REACH UP in the drive through. And its NEWW!

WAP

Go Kart Champion

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

Yes, everyone must choose only ONE feature for any car to have.

Want to go fast? Buy a Veyron.

Want space? Buy a van.

Want track capability? Ariel Atom.

Why the fuck can't someone want a car that does well in multiple areas?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yes, everyone must choose only ONE feature for any car to have.

Want to go fast? Buy a Veyron.

Want space? Buy a van.

Want track capability? Ariel Atom.

Why the fuck can't someone want a car that does well in multiple areas?

Yep, you have to settle. No one builds to the extreme. If they did it would no longer be the extreme because there would be a sacrifice somewhere due to tradeoff.

I don't track so I'll settle for a crossover that goes to 60 in under 5 seconds and has the versatility to hold a bathtub. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You could get a golf R and save 30k but I suppose you want the badge.