GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trytun's Baby Girl

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Good evening everyone! I've had the car since May 2015 now and I love it, so I'll get started on my journal . . . She's a 2013 CSG DSG 4-door, her name is Betsy.

I set out with one goal in mind really. I didn't want to go the slammed route. I wanted to keep it dark but have the emblems and the wheels bright, I love the contrast. It's hit and miss so far, but I'm having a blast.

Here she is the day after I got her . . .

When I got her, there was a 2012 Autobahn CW on the lot as well, same price. I drove both and actually liked the cloth a lot better - plus I like dark cars. I was sold! Next I did the tint and the LED tails - I was so happy!

RED - Off the car

EXTERIOR:

Depo LED Tails
Body color painted grille stripes
OEM roof rack w/Thule fairing
Tinted Sidemarkers
30% tint all around

ENGINE:

Unitronic Stage 2
Unitronic stage 1 DSG tune
Eurojet CBE - LINK TO HOW IT SOUNDS - CLICK ME!
Eurojet Downpipe w/Revo custom catted midpipe
R8 coils
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR Carbonio

APR downpipe
Borla catback
Unitronic full intake
Unitronic intercooler
Rev D Diverter Valve
GFB DV+
Spulen Discharge Pipe
Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete
034 Motorsports Engine/Trans Mounts
034 Motorsports Billet Insert

SUSPENSION:

H&R Super Sport Springs
Solo Werks S1 coilovers
TTRS strut mounts
ECS Tuning 23mm rear sway
Stoptech Street Performance Pads Front/Rear
Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors Front/Rear

WHEELS:

OEM VW Detroits
OEM VW Interlagos
OEM VW Daytonas
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
VMR v705 18x8
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2

TIRES

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo

FUTURE:

Front Lip Spoiler
Rear Spoiler Extension
Camber Plates

Last edited:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Some random photos

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Good looking car!

If you ever plan on running it hard, I'd suggest moving the brakes a bit further up on your desired upgrade list. You don't neccesarily need to go bbk, bit a good set of pads is a must. I burned through an essentially fresh set of stock pads in a single track weekend and even caught them on fire at one point.

Looking forward to see your build, definitley off to a great start! Love your led tailights!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Good looking car!

If you ever plan on running it hard, I'd suggest moving the brakes a bit further up on your desired upgrade list. You don't neccesarily need to go bbk, bit a good set of pads is a must. I burned through an essentially fresh set of stock pads in a single track weekend and even caught them on fire at one point.

Looking forward to see your build, definitley off to a great start! Love your led tailights!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I was just thinking about this earlier. A guy in a SRT Charger cut me off on my way home from work and I had to slam on my brakes very hard to avoid running right into the rear of him. It took (in my opinion) an uncomfortably long time to come to a stop. I have a 2013 Civic at home for the fiance and that thing stops on a dime . . . I was a tad bit disappointed in my GTI. So I might move the brakes up on the list!

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Heavy wheels kill the OEM brakes. I stop way shorter on my winter steelies. Pads from stop tech are on my list also.

iPhone Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Heavy wheels kill the OEM brakes. I stop way shorter on my winter steelies. Pads from stop tech are on my list also.

iPhone Tapatalk

The Stoptech pads are what I'm looking at as well.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Very nice CSG. Had mine since January and added a lot of mods. Shoulda done a journal myself lol.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Updated with a few pics!

sent from a milk tea shop

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Taking the Rokbloks off today. Not feeling them as much anymore. The speed bump in my neighborhood is tearing them up. Will post photos after.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
8/15/2015

Ordered my GFB DV+

Can't wait!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Updated with photo of painted grille accents.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Updated with pics post-drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Hey man let me know how significant the blow off difference is wit the new DV.. Im contemplating that mod for the sole reason that i am now stage two and the downpipe drowns out the Stock DV blow off, i like to hear it but dont like that stupid super high pressure release like the Speed3's have, you know what i mean.. looking for a loud whoooosh instead of a loud pppssshhhhtttt hahaha.. please let me know though.. if you wouldnt mind PMing me when you install it thatd be great.. if not ill keep checking back! thanks!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Will do! I'm going to put on my DV+ when I find the intake that I want. For now it's just sitting in my garage with my other random parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk